Come un giocatore progresses con il suo archetype primario (classe primaria), avranno l'opportunità di scegliere un archetipo secondario per augment le loro abilità primarie con gli effetti dell'archetipo secondario (classe secondaria). La combinazione di archetipi primari and secondari è riferita come una Class.
Se un Fighter scegliesse il Mage come archetipo secondario, il combattente diventerebbe uno Spellsword. Questa combinazione sblocca augments che possono essere applicati alle abilità nel loro skill tree primario. I combattenti hanno una abilità Rush che gli permette di scagliarsi contro un bersaglio; ed una volta raggiunto, infliggere del danno con una possibiltà di atterarlo. Un potenziamento Mage's escape può essere applicato all'abilità di carica, che può ora teletrasportare il giocatore verso il bersaglio; eliminando quindi il tempo di carica richiesto per l'abilità.
- Non sarà possibile potenziare al massimo tutte le abilità di un albero.
- 1 Classes by archetype combination
- 2 Class abilities
- 3 Changing/switching
- 4 Class trials
- 5 Racial abilities
- 6 Ruoli
- 7 Weapons and Armor
- 8 PvX
- 9 Alpha-0
- 10 Alpha-1
- 11 Ashes of Creation Apocalypse classes
- 12 See also
- 13 Riferimenti
Classes by archetype combination
- There are four primary groups of augments assigned to each base archetype. Balancing of augments relates to the four augment groups for each of the eight archetypes.
There will be match ups in 1v1s where one class will be superior to another; and that application should be a rock-paper-scissors dynamic. We want there to be counter-play between the different classes... Instead it's going to be a group focused balance, where as long as you have the diversity of classes present, that's going to be an equal level playing field. It's going to be very dependent on skill and strategy. – Steven Sharif
Certain archetypes are capable of moving the gap between their counterpart per-se. If I am a Tank archetype and a Mage is my counter, I can take a Mage secondary and kind of bridge the divide slightly; and then move my identity that direction ever so slightly. – Steven Sharif
- Augments to primary skills will fundamentally change the way the ability works - adapting what the ability once did to incorporate the identity of the secondary class.
- Choosing the same primary and secondary archetype increases focus on that archetype.
- Each skill in the primary tree has a minimum of four augment choices from the secondary tree.
- Players receive skill points as they level. These can be used to level up skills within their skill tree.
- It will not be possible to max all skills in a skill tree.
- In terms of skill progression, players can choose to go "wide" and get a number of different abilities, or go "deep" into a few specific abilities.
- Changing the augmentations on your skills will require you to go to a NPC in a Village node or higher.
- Active skills could look totally different after an augment gets applied.
Key for the augment system is that these augments are meant to demonstrate a core identity of the secondary class type you've chosen. So if from the eight archetypes whatever you choose as your secondary, you're going to receive a choice of augments that relate to some core ideal of that class. You know like a tank is about controlling the battlefield, is about surviving. The mage is about dealing damage and elements and ability in AoEs. The rogue is going to be about stealth and critical damage. So those augments are going to to play towards those identities. – Steven Sharif
The idea behind the system is that you're kind of skirting the line through these augmentations of your role, right. We have the traditional holy trinity that's present in class designs for MMOs and it's often that those either are not deviated at all or completely deviated from entirely. The augment is to kind of offer a balance between that where you still maintain the semblance of that trinity system while offering the opportunity to customize your play experience towards one of the other angles in the triangle. – Steven Sharif
These are the types of systems that we want to put in place where groups of a single primary archetype can come together to summon these types of effects that play off of what the identity of that archetype is. – Steven Sharif
When players choose their primary class, it’s not just dictating how the next several hundred hours of gameplay will go... It’s only the primary class that cannot be changed. And hey, that’s what alts are for!
- This may be done through a quest system.
- Players will likely need to speak to a NPC in a Village node or above to enable them to change their secondary archetype and skill augments.
The secondary class choice, which comes after some time getting used to the world of Verra, will be more fluid. If you choose the Fighter and the Rogue to make a Shadowblade, but eventually want to try your hand at Summoning to make a Bladecaller, you’ll be able to do so.
We don't want you to be able to change your secondary class or the augments you have applied out in the open. We want you to have to make a conscious choice somewhere at a NPC. The level of node necessary for that particular NPC to be available will likely be either at the Village stage or above. So, if you are far out in the wilderness exploring – and we have no instant teleportation in the world – you need to be conscientious of what your choices are; and not be able to change them on-the-fly. – Steven Sharif
- Races are not gender or class locked.
- Some classes may work better with certain races but nothing is enforced.
- The race "seeds" a player's base stats.
- The primary archetype grows the base stats.
- The secondary archetype (class) no longer grows the stats.
Different races have different stat compositions. Those stats can be important, but we also don't want them to dictate any kind of meta for what classes are best used with different races. – Steven Sharif
- Although traditional roles are present, players should not feel branded by their primary archetype.
- Skill augments available through the class system allow characters to be personalized outside of their primary role.
- Players can also double down on their archetype choice to strengthen their primary role.
We have our eight base archetypes; and the trinity is a pretty strong influence with regards to the eight base classes. However the area in which we begin to play with that line between the trinity is in the secondary classes that you can pick. That's where be begin to blend those spaces and allow people a little bit of influence over their role and whether or not they fit perfectly within a particular category within the trinity. – Steven Sharif
Weapons and Armor
Weapons are intended to be somewhat agnostic in the sense that you can find a way for a weapon to be utilized by different classes. Not just the rogue is going to be able to use daggers. Because if you restrict equipment through that, it makes the economy more difficult to have sustainability across the market of items. – Steven Sharif
We like to really refer to ourselves as a PvX game, because in those systems of PvP, PvE, crafting they're all intertwined: They're interdependent on each other... Our system of development really requires some interdependence there between those things. You're going to need a crafter to give you the best items. You're going to need PvPers to secure cities and castles. You're gonna need PvErs to take down those world bosses for those materials to craft. – Steven Sharif
- There is a balance between Pvp and PvE in Ceneri della creazione.
- Some servers may be more PvP focused than others.
- There will not be different Pvp and PvE gear types.
- Progressione in the game might require PvE elements.
- All stats relate to a player's combat effectiveness in PvX.
We're very clear with our objective and philosophy on the game and we understand that they may not appeal to everybody. But you know it is an important reciprocal relationship between the content that's related to PvE and the content that's related to PvP and they feed off of each other. They're catalysts for change: Their progression, their development. It's things that people can value when they see something earned and they see something lost. That elicits an emotional response from the player: That they've invested time in to either succeed or fail; and PvP allows for that element to be introduced into gameplay. And we're very clear that is our objective: That risk versus reward relationship, that achievement-based mentality. Not everybody's going to be a winner and that's okay. – Steven Sharif
- Quatto giocabili archetipi: Cleric, Mage, Ranger, Tank.
- Due scelte di razze: Kaelar, Empyrean.
- Selezione del sesso.
- Hybrid action/tab combat.
- Progressione to level 20.
- 4 playable races.
- Creatore del carattere.
- 8 base archetypes.
- Portions of player housing.
- Portions of crafting/artisan classes.
- Nodi will be fully featured.
- 120 km2 of world map.
- This is 25% of the total world space.
- Organizzazioni sociali.
- Name reservations.
- Merchant systems.
- Player trading.
- Two to three servers.
- 1,500 concurrent server population.
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse classes
- Weapon skills sono applicate per aumentare le abilità di base di una classe.
- Le abilità della classe base possono essere selezionate da una serie di abilità disponibili per quella classe in base alla progressione di un giocatore durante quella stagione.
Abbiamo avuto un po' di idee che esploreremo per quanto riguarda ciascuna delle classi che hanno una vasta scelta di abilità che i giocatori possono personalizzare il loro kit di abilità in base alla loro progressione entro una stagione, diciamo; quella progressione può essere ottenuta da una qualsiasi modalità e ti darebbe la possibilità di personalizzare quel kit di abilità per la modalità prima dell'assedio o la modalità orda. Ma è qualcosa che potrebbe venire in un secondo momento. – Steven Sharif
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse healing
- Healing skills are proximity based: Centered on self or centered on projectile impact.
- There will be healing potion bursts (healing grenades) that will grant life to allies.
- Healing is part of Class kits that come into play during the testing of Ashes of Creation Apocalypse castle sieges.
We have a few design theories on action combat and healing to began with phase one. Part of that will be the implementation of a class system into the castle siege and horde mode of phase one. Those will be kits that play out as skills available from an action perspective. You'll be able to target in proximity, basically so positioning is going to matter. Importantly, for healers being close to the individual party members you wish to heal. Additionally, you'll have reticle based healing methods. This would be a template that could be launched in that direction as a pulse of heels or augments. So there's a lot of different systems are playing with that you'll see more of when we get to those when we get to the castle siege system and the Ashes of Creation Apocalypse horde mode. – Steven Sharif
- Ashes of Creation class list.
- Livestream, 28 July 2017 (19:05).
- Interview, 20 October 2018 (2:40:17).
- Livestream, 24 May 2017 (35:11).
- Podcast, 23 April 2018 (59:28).
- Podcast, 23 April 2018 (1:01:01).
- Video, 7 February 2017 (0:02s).
- February 8, 2019 - Questions and Answers.
- Livestream, 26 July 2019 (1:09:22).
- Livestream, 9 February 2018 (41:56).
- Livestream, 16 November 2017 (30:02).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (PM) (20:45).
- Interview, 11 May 2018 (53:15).
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (1:00:44).
- Interview, 8 August 2018 (22:27).
- Livestream, November 22 2019 (41:02).
- Podcast, 11 May 2018 (49:20).
- Livestream, 18 July 2017 (37:43).
- Podcast, 4 May 2017 (17:02).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (PM) (20:07).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (AM) (21:21).
- Livestream, 8 May 2017 (43:30).
- Livestream, 18 July 2017 (35:58).
- Livestream, November 22 2019 (1:4:56).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (AM) (25:52).
- Livestream, 18 July 2017 (37:25).
- Group dynamics blog.
- Livestream, 22 May 2017 (46:04).
- Interview, 20 October 2018 (2:40:16).
- Livestream, 9 February 2018 (47:05).
- Livestream, 4 May 2018 (45:37).
- Video, 16 April 2018 (1:32).
- PvX definition.
- Livestream, 12 May 2017 (24:52).
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (33:25).
- Livestream, 15 May 2017 (14:05).
- Livestream, 1 June 2017 (37:39).
- Livestream, 17 November 2017 (14:57).
- Livestream, 3 September 2017 (30:31).
- Livestream, 3 September 2017 (37:10).
- Video, 30 August 2017 (3:36).
- Livestream, 4 May 2018 (47:57).
- Livestream, 31 October 2018 (22:46).
- Livestream, 31 October 2018 (24:37).
- Video, 5 April 2018 (1:01:40).
- Livestream, 26 July 2019 (1:10:44).
- Livestream, 1 September 2018 (1:02:99).
- Interview, 8 August 2018 (18:55).
- Interview, 8 August 2018 (19:02).
- Livestream, 30 September 2019 (1:09:04).
- Livestream, 11 January 2019 (41:20).
- Interview, 20 October 2018 (11:38).
- Interview, 17 August 2018 (8:16).
- Livestream, 11 January 2019 (58:40).
- Reddit Q&A, 8 January 2019.
- Interview, 8 August 2018 (19:40).
- Interview, 17 August 2018 (12:05).
- Interview, 6 December 2018 (2:04).