Come un giocatore progresses con il suo archetype primario (classe primaria), avranno l'opportunità di scegliere un archetipo secondario per augment le loro abilità primarie con gli effetti dell'archetipo secondario (classe secondaria). La combinazione di archetipi primari and secondari è riferita come una Class.
Se un Fighter scegliesse il Mage come archetipo secondario, il combattente diventerebbe uno Spellsword. Questa combinazione sblocca augments che possono essere applicati alle abilità nel loro skill tree primario. I combattenti hanno una abilità Rush che gli permette di scagliarsi contro un bersaglio; ed una volta raggiunto, infliggere del danno con una possibiltà di atterarlo. Un potenziamento Mage's escape può essere applicato all'abilità di carica, che può ora teletrasportare il giocatore verso il bersaglio; eliminando quindi il tempo di carica richiesto per l'abilità.
- Non sarà possibile potenziare al massimo tutte le abilità di un albero.
- 1 Classes by archetype combination
- 2 Meta
- 3 Class abilities
- 4 Changing/switching
- 5 Class-specific quests
- 6 Class trials
- 7 Racial benefits
- 8 Ruoli
- 9 Weapons and Armor
- 10 PvX
- 11 Alpha-1
- 12 Ashes of Creation Apocalypse classes
- 13 Community guides
- 14 See also
- 15 Riferimenti
Classes by archetype combination
- There are four primary groups of augments assigned to each base archetype. Balancing of augments relates to the four augment groups for each of the eight archetypes.
We're not really talking about 64 true classes, we're talking about eight classes with 64 variants... There isn't as much variance between the 64 classes as you might expect. It's not like there are you know 64 different versions of... radically different classes. – Jeffrey Bard
- 1v1 matchups will have a rock-paper-scissors dynamic, where one class will be superior to another.
There will be match ups in 1v1s where one class will be superior to another; and that application should be a rock-paper-scissors dynamic. We want there to be counter-play between the different classes... Instead it's going to be a group focused balance, where as long as you have the diversity of classes present, that's going to be an equal level playing field. It's going to be very dependent on skill and strategy. – Steven Sharif
Certain archetypes are capable of moving the gap between their counterpart per-se. If I am a Tank archetype and a Mage is my counter, I can take a Mage secondary and kind of bridge the divide slightly; and then move my identity that direction ever so slightly. – Steven Sharif
The effectiveness of classes, skills and gear is going to depend on the adversary or the encounter. There will be optimal builds for different challenges and difficulty ratings. This design aims to avoid any obvious meta or "cookie-cutter" builds in Ceneri della creazione.
- Different challenges are presented dynamically to players based on node progression and destruction. Situations that are based on a rock-paper-scissors design will inspire a horizontal gear chase. These dynamic challenges will change from month to month, causing a shift in demand in the economy as different builds are required by the new content.
- Increasing difficulty ratings inspire more of a traditional vertical power progression that is common in other MMOs.
Oftentimes you just have a very vertical power scale and that determines chase, but when you have a variety of relevance across certain types of adversaries and that variety changes over time because of player activity- and then that affects the economy and the crafter system and who was producing what for what demand- and everything gets shaken up. That's a very kind of fun uh environment to exist in it presents a more dynamic situation rather than a quote-unquote cookie-cutter type selection. – Steven Sharif
- Each secondary archetype offers four different schools of augmentation. Each augment school affects a primary archetype's skills in different ways.
- For example: A Mage offers Teleportation and elemental schools of augments. These augments will affect a Fighter's primary skills differently than a Cleric's.
- Each augmentation has a level requirement and number of skill points required to activate it.
- There's going to be a certain threshold at which you can no longer augment your active abilities based on the decisions you've augmented previous abilities, so you'll have to pick and choose which ones you want to apply the augments towards; and certain augments will have more expense required on the skill point side. – Steven Sharif
- Augments to primary skills will fundamentally change the way the ability works: Adapting what the ability once did to incorporate the identity of the secondary archetype.
- Changing the augmentations on your skills will require you to go to a NPC in a Village node or higher.
- Some spell colors and general FX change based on augments.
- Active skills could look totally different after an augment gets applied.
- It will not be possible to max all skills in a skill tree.
- In terms of skill progression, players can choose to go "wide" and get a number of different abilities, or go "deep" into a few specific abilities.
- Players are able to reset and reallocate their skill points.
Making active skills capable of receiving additional skill point allocations and unlocking additional features so that from a player agency standpoint it's going to be up to you whether or not you want to be more diverse but less depth- wider and not taller, in some of these skill choices. Or if you want to be very very tall, that's going to be something that is up to the player in that regard. – Steven Sharif
These are the types of systems that we want to put in place where groups of a single primary archetype can come together to summon these types of effects that play off of what the identity of that archetype is. – Steven Sharif
When it comes to the the primary archetype, that is a decision you'll want to make and you'll want to make sure it's the right decision, because it's permanent... You are going to create this identity that you can't just change on the fly. This is going to be something that you will know a person and you will know what their base archetype is and they're not just going to change from battle to battle. So that gives some consistency in the engagements and understanding reputation on the server. – Steven Sharif
When players choose their primary class, it’s not just dictating how the next several hundred hours of gameplay will go... It’s only the primary class that cannot be changed. And hey, that’s what alts are for!
- Players will likely need to speak to a NPC in a Village node or above to enable them to change their secondary archetype and skill augments.
- There probably will be a cooldown associated with switching secondary archetype.
- It may also be possible to swap between multiple specs after the cooldown period.
The secondary class choice, which comes after some time getting used to the world of Verra, will be more fluid. If you choose the Fighter and the Rogue to make a Shadowblade, but eventually want to try your hand at Summoning to make a Bladecaller, you’ll be able to do so.
We don't want you to be able to change your secondary class or the augments you have applied out in the open. We want you to have to make a conscious choice somewhere at a NPC. The level of node necessary for that particular NPC to be available will likely be either at the Village stage or above. So, if you are far out in the wilderness exploring – and we have no instant teleportation in the world – you need to be conscientious of what your choices are; and not be able to change them on-the-fly. – Steven Sharif
There's going to be a lot of shared quests but there's also going to be class-specific quests; and the reason for that is that some classes are better at others than doing certain things and that'll play itself out through the general community quests. That's fine, but there are certain periods from a designer's perspective where you want to make an encounter be the antithesis of what a player is good at. It also gives them perspective because we have a more fluid class combination system where you can play the line in your traditional role by adding a secondary class that's different from your primary classes role. The benefit of having these class-specific quests early on especially in an archetype is that you can come to a determination and have greater experience for the things you're not good at. So you know how to progress your class in the future with the things you have access to that are different from what you're good at.' – Steven Sharif
- Missioni will be relevant to the player's class progression via their choice of primary and secondary archetypes.
So you want to give them storyline that's relevant and make sense for them to their class progression. If I'm a fighter I should be going to a barracks and learning from this dude early on. Later on if I want to take on that mage secondary and I'm more arcane in the things I do, or more based in the essence, then yeah it makes sense for my also again for a catered quest to me that lets me focus on that route in the narrative. – Steven Sharif
- Races are not gender or class locked.
- Some classes may work better with certain races but nothing is enforced.
You'll have racial augments that are capable of being applied to active skills and those augments are going to be a reflection of the flavor of that specific race. In addition, races will have differing degrees of stats and our game in our class system relies on certain stats to achieve different metrics in the game when it comes to damage, defense, and landing rates and all that kind of stuff. – Steven Sharif
- The race "seeds" a player's base stats.
- The primary archetype grows the base stats.
- The secondary archetype (class) does not contribute to stat growth. This is a revision of an earlier statement.
Different races have different stat compositions. Those stats can be important, but we also don't want them to dictate any kind of meta for what classes are best used with different races. – Steven Sharif
- Although traditional roles are present, players should not feel branded by their primary archetype.
- Skill augments available through the class system allow characters to be personalized outside of their primary role.
- Players can also double down on their archetype choice to strengthen their primary role.
We have our eight base archetypes; and the trinity is a pretty strong influence with regards to the eight base classes. However the area in which we actually begin to play with that line between the trinity is in the secondary classes that you can pick. That's where we begin to blend those spaces and allow people a little bit of influence over their role and whether or not they fit perfectly within a particular category within the trinity. – Steven Sharif
Weapons and Armor
Weapons are intended to be somewhat agnostic in the sense that you can find a way for a weapon to be utilized by different classes. Not just the rogue is going to be able to use daggers. Because if you restrict equipment through that, it makes the economy more difficult to have sustainability across the market of items. – Steven Sharif
- There is a balance between Pvp and PvE in Ceneri della creazione.
- All stats relate to a player's combat effectiveness in PvX.
- There won't be separate PvE and Pvp servers but some servers may be more PvP focused than others.
- There will not be different Pvp and PvE gear types.
- Progressione in the game might require PvE elements.
We're very clear with our objective and philosophy on the game and we understand that they may not appeal to everybody. But you know it is an important reciprocal relationship between the content that's related to PvE and the content that's related to PvP and they feed off of each other. They're catalysts for change: Their progression, their development. It's things that people can value when they see something earned and they see something lost. That elicits an emotional response from the player: That they've invested time in to either succeed or fail; and PvP allows for that element to be introduced into gameplay. And we're very clear that is our objective: That risk versus reward relationship, that achievement-based mentality. Not everybody's going to be a winner and that's okay. – Steven Sharif
- Progressione to level 15.
- The composition of class skills or archetype skills has to tread a fine line between two roads: One we wanted to be representative of skills not just that would traditionally be found 1 through 15 but we're actually introducing some skills that might be found later, because we want to test those particular ideas and how the skill functions. – Steven Sharif
- 4 playable races.
- A lot of times people ask well why haven't we seen the other races and stuff? We want to establish the quality bar and process with these races first and then when we move into further content production for the other races we have have those pipelines in place and we have the processes in place and we know how to approach them.
- Cleric, Mage and Tank archetypes.
- The Alpha-1 map (Alpha island) consists of a mainland area and several islands. It will be almost 100 km2 in size.
- Node advancement to Village (stage 3).
- The economy present in Alpha-1 is not reflective of the final state of the game.
- We have an economy but it's not really going to be reflective of the final how the economy is going to work. It'll work for alpha one and there'll be plenty of things to trade and buy and exchange, but it's not going to be really super representative what the final state is. So keep that in mind as well it's a stubbed-in system. It's not a complete or really finalized system at all. – Jeffrey Bard
- Approximately 10 percent of the artisan system.
- The core basics of the artisan gameplay loop is facilitated via the merchant (NPC) system.
- Raccolta, Elaborazione, Crafting is expected to come online in Alpha-2 and the Betas.
- Previously this was targeted for Alpha-1.
- Alpha-1 castle sieges and Castles are in a zone accessible via a NPC teleporter.
- Approximately 49 unique gear sets.
- There is no instancing in Alpha-1.
- Navi for "island hopping".
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse classes
- Weapon skills sono applicate per aumentare le abilità di base di una classe.
- Le abilità della classe base possono essere selezionate da una serie di abilità disponibili per quella classe in base alla progressione di un giocatore durante quella stagione.
Abbiamo avuto un po' di idee che esploreremo per quanto riguarda ciascuna delle classi che hanno una vasta scelta di abilità che i giocatori possono personalizzare il loro kit di abilità in base alla loro progressione entro una stagione, diciamo; quella progressione può essere ottenuta da una qualsiasi modalità e ti darebbe la possibilità di personalizzare quel kit di abilità per la modalità prima dell'assedio o la modalità orda. Ma è qualcosa che potrebbe venire in un secondo momento. – Steven Sharif
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse healing
- Healing skills are proximity based: Centered on self or centered on projectile impact.
- There will be healing potion bursts (healing grenades) that will grant life to allies.
- Healing is part of Class kits that come into play during the testing of Ashes of Creation Apocalypse castle sieges.
We have a few design theories on action combat and healing to began with phase one. Part of that will be the implementation of a class system into the castle siege and horde mode of phase one. Those will be kits that play out as skills available from an action perspective. You'll be able to target in proximity, basically so positioning is going to matter. Importantly, for healers being close to the individual party members you wish to heal. Additionally, you'll have reticle based healing methods. This would be a template that could be launched in that direction as a pulse of heels or augments. So there's a lot of different systems are playing with that you'll see more of when we get to those when we get to the castle siege system and the Ashes of Creation Apocalypse horde mode. – Steven Sharif
- Ashes of Creation class list.
- Livestream, 2020-10-30 (33:26).
- Interview, 2020-07-18 (1:05:04).
- Interview, 2020-07-29 (49:53).
- Group dynamics blog.
- Livestream, 2017-07-28 (19:05).
- Interview, 2018-10-20 (2:40:17).
- Podcast, 2018-04-23 (59:28).
- Podcast, 2018-04-23 (1:01:01).
- Livestream, 2021-05-28 (1:13:05).
- Podcast, 2021-04-11 (54:35).
- Livestream, 2017-10-16 (1:00:44).
- Interview, 2018-08-08 (22:27).
- Livestream, 2020-07-25 (1:47:55).
- Livestream, 2018-02-09 (41:56).
- Livestream, 2019-12-17 (1:13:14).
- Interview, 2020-07-18 (1:07:06).
- February 8, 2019 - Questions and Answers.
- Livestream, 2019-07-26 (1:09:22).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (PM) (20:45).
- Interview, 2018-05-11 (53:15).
- Livestream, 2021-06-25 (23:08).
- Livestream, 2020-08-28 (1:12:50).
- Interview, 2020-07-29 (55:44).
- Interview, 2020-07-19 (53:59).
- Interview, 2020-07-18 (1:07:51).
- Livestream, 2017-11-16 (30:02).
- Interview, 2020-07-29 (54:44).
- Livestream, 2020-08-28 (1:19:24).
- Livestream, 2019-11-22 (41:02).
- Podcast, 2018-05-11 (49:20).
- Livestream, 2017-07-18 (37:43).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (PM) (20:07).
- Livestream, 2020-10-30 (1:06:53).
- Podcast, 2017-05-04 (17:02).
- Podcast, 2021-04-11 (44:29).
- Podcast, 2021-04-11 (46:10).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (AM) (21:21).
- Livestream, 2017-07-18 (35:58).
- Livestream, 2017-05-08 (43:30).
- Livestream, 2017-05-08 (43:28).
- Livestream, 2019-11-22 (1:4:56).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (AM) (25:52).
- Livestream, 2017-07-18 (37:25).
- Podcast, 2021-04-11 (13:30).
- Livestream, 2017-05-22 (46:04).
- Interview, 2018-10-20 (2:40:16).
- Livestream, 2018-02-09 (47:05).
- Livestream, 2018-05-04 (45:37).
- Video, 2018-04-16 (1:32).
- Podcast, 2021-04-11 (38:31).
- Livestream, 2017-05-12 (24:52).
- Livestream, 2017-05-05 (33:25).
- MMORPG Interview, 12 December 2016.
- Livestream, 2017-05-15 (14:05).
- Livestream, 2017-06-01 (37:39).
- Video, 2021-07-14 (0:01).
- Livestream, 2020-10-30 (15:35).
- Livestream, 2021-03-26 (40:19).
- Livestream, 2020-03-28 (54:48).
- Video, 2018-04-05 (1:01:40).
- Livestream, 2021-04-30 (41:18).
- Interview, 2021-06-13 (31:24).
- Livestream, 2021-05-28 (1:48:14).
- Interview, 2020-10-17 (53:50).
- Livestream, 2020-03-28 (1:41:11).
- Interview, 2018-10-20 (12:38).
- Livestream, 2020-11-30 (22:43).
- Livestream, 2021-03-26 (44:30).
- Livestream, 2018-09-01 (1:02:99).
- Livestream, 2020-11-30 (37:16).
- Livestream, 2021-03-26 (43:55).
- Interview, 2018-08-08 (19:02).
- Livestream, 2021-03-26 (42:28).
- Interview, 2021-02-07 (35:30).
- Podcast, 2018-05-11 (59:25).
- Blog: Creative Director's Letter, October 16 2020
- Video, 2021-04-30 (13:02).
- Blog: Creative Director's Letter, April 14 2021
- Livestream, 2020-10-30 (20:40).
- Livestream, 2020-08-28 (1:29:17).
- Livestream, 2020-01-30 (35:12).
- Livestream, 2021-03-26 (39:08).
- Livestream, 2020-11-30 (24:51).
- Livestream, 2019-07-26 (1:10:44).
- Livestream, 2021-06-25 (29:09).
- Interview, 2018-08-08 (18:55).
- Livestream, 2019-01-11 (41:20).
- Interview, 2018-10-20 (11:38).
- Interview, 2018-08-17 (8:16).
- Livestream, 2019-01-11 (58:40).
- Reddit Q&A, 8 January 2019.
- Interview, 2018-08-08 (19:40).
- Interview, 2018-08-17 (12:05).
- Interview, 2018-12-06 (2:04).