- 1 Artistic style
- 2 Obtaining cosmetics
- 3 Ashes of Creation Apocalypse cosmetics
- 4 Ashes of Creation Apocalypse cosmetic rewards
- 5 Cosmetic items
- 6 Dyes
- 7 Seasonal cosmetics
- 8 Armor appearance
- 9 Character appearance
- 10 Emoji
- 11 Skins
- 12 See also
- 13 Riferimenti
- All of the art assets in Ashes of Creation Apocalypse battle royale testing mode have been created by Intrepid Studios.
We can push the limits a little bit on the graphical fidelity, especially using Unreal Engine 4... My desire was not to see very cartoony games. I'm not a big fan of highly stylized art. – Steven Sharif
Cash shop cosmetics will be limited in quantity, limited in time for purchase. They will be unique, but you will also have extremely difficult to gain cosmetics in game as well as unique cosmetics that look great and better... There will be a lot of cosmetics that are achievable in the game because that is a very fun aspect of MMO play. – Steven Sharif
Negozio di cosmetici
The Negozio di cosmetici enables players to purchase Cosmetics for use in Ceneri della creazione. The cosmetic store offers limited time, limited quantity items to help sustain game development.
- Equitable cosmetics, both from a quantity and quality standpoint, are achievable through in-game means.
- Nothing in the cosmetic store will be pay to win.
I want to incentivize purchase in the cosmetic shop for sustainability of what expansions we have intended, since we are not a box cost. I want to incentivize purchase by offering limited items: limited time, limited quantity, so you have confidence that when you purchase them, they won't be offered later on in some other way. – Steven Sharif
- Skins are cosmetic items that do not grant the user any benefit.
- Skins are only be able to be applied to things that have already been earned, crafted or found within Ceneri della creazione.
- Different variants of store purchased cosmetic creatures may exist in the wild.
- Flavor text relates to the lore and background of creatures and items in the world of Verra.
- Costumes do not include any weapons pictured.
We plan to include a shop for micro transactions. The shop will only include cosmetic items. Nothing in our shop will ever be pay to win as we believe this practice greatly hurts the MMORPG genre.
- Wayfarer pre-order pack (History).
- Expeditionary pre-order pack (History).
- Voyager pre-order pack (History).
- Voyager plus pre-order pack (History).
We offer cosmetics for players who wish to support the project early. The exclusive nature of the limited availability is something I think collectors value. If you buy cosmetics as an MMO player, I know I enjoyed if the cosmetic is rare and not every girl at the party is wearing the same dress. In addition, these cosmetics are used to populate the world through NPC variants and color/texture changes so their offering aligns with our production schedule. The good thing about these packs is they contain no P2W advantages and there is no box cost, so from a mechanics standpoint you do not need to buy them to excel in the game on launch. And also, there are comparable and subjectively more grand cosmetics achievable in game as well. – Steven Sharif
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse cosmetics
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse cosmetic rewards
Progression and experience tracking for participation in Ashes of Creation Apocalypse testing will entitle players to earn unique cosmetic rewards. These earned rewards will carry over in player's accounts to live launch of the MMORPG.
- Armor appearances.
- Freehold building skins.
- Weapon skins.
One of the ways we want to give back to the Community in participating in this testing is allowing for progress, quests, achievements rewards to be gained in Apocalypse... You will have rewards and quests and achievements that you and your participation and your performance in that game, whether it be the Castle Siege, the Horde Mode or the Battle Royale will earn you cosmetics. There will be costumes. There will be mounts to earn. There will be housing and furniture. There will be emotes. There will be weapon variants. A lot of these are what we have in production for our project Ashes of Creation, we apply some variants and skins for and make them only available through participating in helping us test these different game modes. And they will carry over to your account on the MMORPG. – Steven Sharif
The account used for Apocalypse is the same account used for the MMORPG. Unique skins earned in Apocalypse will be added to the MMORPG as rewards for helping to prepare for the Alpha and Beta stages of Ashes of Creation.
- Cosmetic skins are only be able to be applied to things that have already been earned, crafted or found within the Ashes of Creation MMORPG.
- Skins earned in Apocalypse will be available to apply at certain tiers, levels and/or access points within the MMORPG.
So it's not that you'll be able to equip necessarily an item at level one. These are all cosmetic skins. Again we are not about the pay-to-win or pay-to-convenience life. What we want to do instead is as you earn, craft, or find equipment in the MMORPG, these skins that you've earned in Apocalypse will be available at certain tiers, levels and/or access points. So for example, we have different grades of mounts right. We have the base one land mounts. We have the the Royal mounts. We have the flying mounts if you're a mayor or King or Queen. We have legendary mounts. These classes of mounts will have available skins associated with those particular classes... If you have the Ramstider skin that you've earned from Apocalypse, you'll be able to apply that to your first land mount, which will probably be earned within the first five levels you'll earn a land mount. However if you have let's say for example the Gryphon, which will be a glideable mount. I'm sorry what's the name of the what's the name of the night one. The midnight- is the midnight bird or something like? The Nighthunter Gryphon. I think that's it. If you have that skin you'll only be able to apply that skin to a Royal mount so you'll still have to earn these things. Remember our position is that of: You need to earn these things in Ashes first. They're not purchasable or earned outside in Apocalypse and you're granted that immediately. These are skins that you apply to the things you earn in Ashes. – Steven Sharif
One thing that we announced to our alpha one backers that I know they love clarity on is that we'll also be including progression and experience tracking for participation and testing that will entitle them to some unique cosmetics as well that reflect on the lore of this setting, which is before the fall. So you'll be able to acquire some armors that reflect some of the ancient cultures of Verra that you will earn and hold for live launch. – Steven Sharif
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse adventure paths
- The first chapter of Apocalypse is The Exodus. Between 15 and 20 cosmetic rewards are earnable in every chapter.
- There will be an optional Legendary Path that players can purchase for USD $10 per 10 weeks.
- The Legendary Path offers over 50 cosmetic rewards.
- Alpha-1 backers and Intrepid pre-order pack owners will be granted a lifetime compendium (battle pass) to the Legendary path.
- Alpha-2, Beta-1 and Beta-2 backers will have access to the first chapter's Legendary path, with over 50 cosmetics available to earn.
- Other Kickstarter, summer backers and pre-order pack owners will receive the first chapter of the legendary path for free for 70 days. 71 different cosmetic rewards can be earned starting from December 18th.
- The Legendary path will also have a shop for one-off cosmetics.
- Embers can be used in Ashes of Creation Apocalypse to purchase unique cosmetics or to purchase the Legendary adventure path.
- All Adventure paths in Ashes of Creation Apocalypse allow players to earn embers just for playing. Those embers will carry over into the MMORPG.
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse signup gift
- This will apply to all regions and all currently registered accounts.
- The gift will be a cosmetic accessory.
- Colore degli occhi.
- Colore della pelle.
- Colore dei capelli.
Oggetti cosmetici che producono effetti cosmetici all'interno del gioco saranno disponibili.
- Fuochi d'artificio.
The Kickstarter and Estate crowdfunding dyes are sets of unique colors that are not obtainable by players who did not participate in Crowdfunding. These dyes are not usable as normal dyes are. Instead they are used to override the color of another dye obtained in game.
- They are assigned to a character from a user's account management page.
- They do not expire, so they may be used to continually override dye colors.
- Once a dye has been overridden it becomes a bound dye to that character, so the colors cannot be sold for in-game benefit.
- When an item is sold or transferred, color changes are reverted.
- The dyeability of costumes depends on the specific costume.
Outside of wanting to keep maybe some identity from a lore perspective; for example if you have like a white lion's suit of armor, you may not want that white lion suit of armor to be black or blue. So, it's possible. It depends on the costume itself. – Steven Sharif
- Cosmetic slots can be toggled on or off by the player.
- Gear is intended to be realistic in appearance.
I'm more of the mind that it wouldn't really serve a purpose to have bikini plate armor, just in like reality, if you're going to have armor, it should be protective. I think from a fashion statement is enjoyable for some people, but it's a kind of an immersive issue. – Steven Sharif
- There will be hundreds of attachments available ranging from a small clasp to the front plate of a breast plate.
Items on back and belt
Items attached to a character's back or belt represent items they are in possession of. Players can set the appearance priority for the items they wish to show. Only one item can show at a time, and that is determined by player choice.
The idea is to kind of move away from the mundane kind of application of belts in previous MMOs where they don't really have a lot of character so to speak. But in reality you know as an adventurer you come with a lot of tools and things that you have to use out in the wild in order to achieve what you're trying to achieve. So we wanted to kind of represent that on your character and give you something that can actually be tangible for your character and see there. I think it adds a lot of character and flavor to your identity. – Steven Sharif
Backer only armor skin
Your base look for the character can be pretty boring, but what Steven gave us a challenge with from day one was to make sure even the base look, the t-shirt and pants, looked amazing... This is your zero character, if you will... Then you can go in and customize everything from the shoulder pads to the elbow pads, the belt that goes around them; do you want duel belts, you want to harness the clothes in the front. So every piece you see on here you can actually customize that at the front end. So what we do is we scale that up from zero, ten and twenty... We scale it up and we customize it; and then I want to really stress that each one of those looks as you progress is different. We're not just repurposing the same armor pieces. We're making unique sets that complement each other as you progress. – Mat Broome
You can actually have three different types of themes: You have plate, you'll have leather and you'll have robe. So for every armor set that we're showing at each one of those tiers, you're actually gonna have nine unique looks to pick from. – Mat Broome
Vogliamo che ci sia molta libertà per permettere alle persone di esprimere la loro identità, per giocare di ruolo come vogliono per quanto riguarda l'aspetto. Ci saranno dei parametri con i quali potrete modificare un personaggio. Vogliamo che la cultura e l'identità delle razze esista in modo da renderle facilmente identificabili rispetto ad altre culture ed altri giocatori. Per questo motivo dobbiamo avere uno spettro sul quale possano esistere. Ci saranno un sacco di pettinature e tatuaggi da provare . Sarete in grado di gestire le proporzioni del viso, delle ossa, dell'altezza, larghezza e percentuale di massa grassa. Potrete aggiungere peli corporei in diverse parti del corpo. Se vorrete avere dei peli sui piedi, potrete farlo. – Steven Sharif
- I modelli dei Character sono realistici.
- Il giocatore vedrà un personaggio generico primad delle modifiche.
- I giocatori potranno rendere il loro personaggio sovrappeso, magro, muscoloso.
- I design dei personaggi avranno influenze di diverse culture, come quelle Europee, Africane e Asiatiche.
- Le Lolis non saranno nel gioco.
Gli slider offrirannp flessibilità nelle modifiche.
- Si potrà aggiungere del pelo in diverse parti del corpo.
- Struttura ossea.
- Non potrete fare personaggi alti due centimetri.
- Percentuale di massa grassa.
- Altezza delle sopracciglia.
- Tipi di corporatura.
- Ci saranno "slider per tette".
- Questi saranno relativi alla razza del personaggio.
- Le proporzioni non saranno ridicole.
- Racial skins transform the race of the character to that skin. The original racial appearance of the character is entirely replaced.
- Racial skins can be toggled on and off.
There are plans to create other racial skins.
- Some potential future ideas include undead and werewolf (lycan) skins.
Freehold building skins
- Mounts can also be found in the wild and tamed.
- There are three different tiers of mount.
- Mount speeds are determined by the base mount that the skin is applied to.
- Cosmetic skins can be applied to the appearance of mounts that were earned in game.
- Mount skins are applicable to specific classes of mounts.
- For example, the Ramstrider skin will only be applicable to the class of land mounts (tier 1), and the Nighthunter Gryphon skin is only applicable to the class of royal mounts (tier 3).
- Certain tier 2 mount skins (such as the Emberstorm Dragon) can be upgraded to tier 3 skins if they also apply to royal mounts.
- Mounts will be purchasable from players utilizing Animal husbandry and taming.
Guild hall skins
- Costumes are not gender locked.
- Costumes are one piece outfits that cover an entire (gear) set.
- All hoods, whether part of a complete costume or individual gear, will have the option to be shown or hidden on the character by the player.
- Costumes do not include any weapons pictured.
- Ashes of Creation Store: Colonial Costume.
- Livestream, 2017-05-08 (48:52).
- Interview, 2018-10-20 (2:17:43).
- Interview, 2018-10-20 (2:28:08).
- Livestream, 2018-07-09 (55:20).
- Ashes of Creation cosmetic store.
- Livestream, 2020-07-25 (1:53:46).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (PM) (58:29).
- Rime and Regal
- Livestream, 2018-12-06 (41:43).
- Livestream, 2019-06-28 (1:25:55).
- Interview, 2018-05-11 (32:36).
- Ashes of Creation - October Cosmetics.
- Blog: October Giveaway - Free Armor of the Autumn Knight.
- Livestream, 2018-10-31 (38:47).
- Livestream, 2018-09-27 (27:27).
- Livestream, 2018-12-06 (33:55).
- 2018-12-08 Newsletter.
- Livestream, 2018-12-06 (26:12).
- Livestream, 2019-09-30 (1:34:34).
- Livestream, 2018-12-06 (51:20).
- Livestream, 2018-12-06 (1:00:52).
- Ashes of Creation Forum post
- Livestream, 2017-05-08 (48:49).
- Livestream, 2017-05-26 (32:14).
- Livestream, 2017-07-28 (9:47).
- Livestream, 2017-05-26 (3:04).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (PM) (18:48).
- Video, 2016-12-22 (0:01).
- Livestream, 2019-10-02 (29:29).
- Livestream, 2020-05-29 (50:20).
- Interview, 2018-08-24 (5:28).
- Livestream, 2017-11-17 (22:33).
- Podcast, 2018-08-04 (53:43).
- Livestream, 2018-02-09 (50:29).
- Livestream, 2020-07-25 (54:10).
- Livestream, 2019-11-22 (1:08:05).
- Livestream, 2017-05-26 (19:51).
- Reddit Q&A, 8 January 2019.
- Livestream, 2017-07-18 (54:56).
- Livestream, 2017-09-03 (48:56).
- Interview, 2018-10-20 (3:34:46).
- Livestream, 2019-05-30 (1:09:13).
- Livestream, 2018-06-04 (19:48).
- Livestream, 2020-01-30 (49:08).
- Ashes of Creation Kickstarter.
- Livestream, 2018-08-17 (20:19).
- Livestream, 2018-08-17 (22:59).
- Livestream, 2018-08-17 (22:33).
- Livestream, 2017-10-16 (15:18).
- Ashes of Creation - The visuals.
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (PM) (13:39).
- Livestream, 2017-05-08 (47:35).
- Livestream, 2017-05-15 (51:19).
- Livestream, 2017-06-30 (11:21).
- Livestream, 2017-06-30 (10:04).
- Livestream, 2017-06-30 (10:27).
- Livestream, 2017-06-30 (12:39).
- Livestream, 2017-06-30 (13:13).
- Livestream, 2017-05-24 (48:45).
- Livestream, 2017-05-22 (54:32).
- Livestream, 2017-05-24 (28:22).
- Livestream, 2017-05-22 (58:51).
- Livestream, 2017-05-12 (1:04:04).
- Livestream, 2020-05-29 (1:42:43).
- Kickstarter 12k+ backers.
- February 8, 2019 - Questions and Answers.
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (AM) (4:47).
- Livestream, 2018-01-18 (34:08).
- Livestream, 2019-09-30 (1:39:01).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (PM) (51:49).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (AM) (12:34).
- Livestream, 2017-05-24 (20:32).
- Ashes of Creation Store: Vestments of the Runecarvers.