- Attackers may not be capable of destroying a node during a siege. Instead they may carry out precision attacks to disable specific service-oriented buildings within the node. These buildings can be targeted with siege weapons and bombs.
- Node buildings (including player housing) have hit points and can be damaged during sieges. If buildings suffer more than approximately 25% damage, any NPCs or services offered by that building will not be available until the building is repaired.
- If the node still exists after the siege has ended, citizens will need to obtain the resources needed to repair and rebuild any damaged infrastructure.
- Player housing that is destroyed during a node siege can no longer be sold.
You could be more precision oriented in the decision to attack a city. Let's say it's a rival node that's trying to reach you know a node stage five or something and you want to disable their ability for the religious system to progress so you target the temple during the attack, or you want to disable their scholars academy from reaching a higher level so that your nodes can; or you want to disable multiple buildings that allow for experience and quests to be undertaken by its citizenship, which prevents them from keeping up in pace of experience gained with your node. These can be more precision oriented and don't have to effectualize an actual takeover of the node. – Steven Sharif
- A successful siege will destroy the node.
- A portion of all Materials (crafting components) and Gatherables that were stored in the destroyed node will become lootable to the victors of the siege as spoils of war.
- This includes gatherables and processed goods that were stored in in-node housing and apartment storage chests. These do not become lootable if the node survives the siege- even if the housing buildings are destroyed or damaged during the siege.
- Players are prohibited from moving goods out of depositories within the node following a siege declaration against that node.
Nodes can be destroyed starting at Level 3 - Village Stage, and are destroyed through sieges. Sieges are started via an item which is acquired through a quest that scales in difficulty with respect to the level of the Node which is being targeted for the siege. Once the item is brought to the Node and is activated, the declaration period begins and a countdown is initiated for players in the region to see. This countdown runs for a number of days equal to the level of the Node being sieged. Once the countdown is complete, the siege begins. There is a cooldown between sieges, and players must wait a certain amount of time after an unsuccessful siege before a new siege can be declared. The higher the Node level, the longer the cooldown between sieges. If a siege is successful, then the Node is brought down to Level 0, and anyone who was a citizen of that Node is no longer a citizen. – Margaret Krohn
Static housing destructibility
- If the housing was purchased at a higher advancement than the node currently is then it will be destroyed, otherwise the housing will be scaled back.
- If their building was destroyed during a node siege, even if the siege was not successful.
- If the node delevels below Village (stage 3) as a result of being destroyed or through node atrophy.
- If a mayor built extra apartment buildings at Town (stage 4) or higher and the Node deleveled below that stage.
- If the mayor decides to destroy apartment buildings all items and layouts will be mailed to the owner.
- Players and their allies may defend their freehold for this period of time.
- Structures and guards may be obtained to defend freeholds during this period.
After the two hour period of open combat following a successful node siege, any remaining freeholds will exist under a grace period for roughly 1 week where another node may take over the zone of influence of the freehold.
- The freehold owner will be required to undertake a quest process to have their freehold adopted by a new node if one exists.
- At the end of the grace period, if the freehold does not reside within the ZOI of a stage three (Village) node or above, it will be destroyed.
- Players who are registered as a defenders of their node cannot loot their own destroyed freeholds.
If a siege is successful, then the Node is brought down to Level 0, and anyone who was a citizen of that Node is no longer a citizen. Freeholds within the Zone of Influence are subject to a period of vulnerability. These Freeholds can be destroyed by other players during a period of roughly 2 hours after a successful siege. Destroyed Freeholds are subject to material loss, and blueprints for them are mailed to the player to utilize for future placement in order to allow the player to keep their Freehold’s layout and structure. Once the vulnerability period is complete, any remaining Freeholds will exist under a grace period for roughly 1 week where another Node may take over the Zone of Influence of the Freehold. – Margaret Krohn
I mean traditionally if we did not use dynamic destruction, that what we would use is decals to simulate damage on the ship based on an overall hit point value. At certain hit point values we would swap out the mesh to show a more destructive state potentially; and that and you know at that point for a user in regards to immersion you know both are very similar from the immersion factor right? – Steven Sharif
2021-05-29 2021-05-29 2019-09-24 2019-06-28
- Livestream, 2019-10-31 (36:20).
- Video, 2021-05-28 (23:45).
- Livestream, 2019-06-28 (31:15).
- Livestream, 2019-11-22 (16:56).
- Interview, 2020-07-08 (57:46).
- Livestream, 2019-11-22 (17:59).
- Interview, 2020-07-08 (59:38).
- Livestream, 2020-06-26 (1:02:12).
- Livestream, 2017-07-18 (40:14).
- Livestream, 2017-11-17 (47:10).
- Livestream, 2021-05-28 (1:04:29).
- Livestream, 2020-10-30 (39:17).
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - Advance and Destroy.
- Livestream, 2020-06-26 (1:48:43).
- Livestream, 2020-04-30 (1:14:44).
- Livestream, 2021-03-26 (59:21).
- Livestream, 2020-08-28 (2:04:00).
- Livestream, 2017-05-19 (28:04).
- Livestream, 2017-05-19 (29:34).
- Livestream, 2021-02-26 (1:11:13).
- Livestream, 2019-07-26 (1:07:22).