- There will not be "oversized" weapons.
- Armor will not be overly sexual in appearance.
- I'm more of the mind that it wouldn't really serve a purpose to have bikini plate armor, just in like reality, if you're going to have armor, it should be protective. I think from a fashion statement is enjoyable for some people, but it's a kind of an immersive issue. – Steven Sharif
- Some armor and costumes will be more revealing than others, but there will not be nudity in the game.
Each race is getting its custom geo pieces, which then will share thematic components such as color palette, attachments, design filigree. Those types of things will get shared across the geo but generally you're going to see unique races with unique geo. – Steven Sharif
- Cosmetici can be used by all races but there may be slight variations to make them work with the body builds of each race.
- 1 Appearance slots/Transmogs
- 2 Racial weapons and armor
- 3 Crafted items
- 4 Skins
- 5 Artistic style
- 6 Mana-forged armor
- 7 Modular armor
- 8 Attachments
- 9 Gear slots
- 10 Gear inspection/ Threat assessment
- 11 Gear sets
- 12 Item creation suite
- 13 Racial skins
- 14 Costumes
- 15 Kickstarter weapon skins
- 16 Backer only armor skin
- 17 Ashes of Creation Apocalypse
- 18 Artwork
- 19 See also
- 20 Riferimenti
- There are rules when applying cosmetics to specific items, unlike costumes, which don't have level restrictions.
- Cosmetic slots can be toggled on or off by the player.
- A "default player appearance" may be automatically applied during sieges or other large scale battles to improve client-side performance.
- Cosmetics, whether purchased from the shop or earned in game, are an important component of MMORPGS I personally enjoy; and there's a lot of collectors out there who spend a great deal of time either in-game achieving these things or spend money purchasing them from the cosmetic only marketplace; and we don't want to demean or reduce that achievement or that expenditure. So it's going to be situational where the default appearance will be applied and can be activated. – Steven Sharif
Racial weapons and armor
- The customization of equipment per race is really focused on Armor sets not Weapon props. Weapon props will, from a model standpoint, will translate pretty one-to-one across the races. – Steven Sharif
- Racial appearance of gear is focused on Armatura. Armi will not change in appearance but will scale in size based on race.
- Let's say for example you have the Eagle set or something, right: The Eagle set has in art, it has a thematic design that's going to include certain attachments to the armor. It's going to include color palette and theme. It's going to have some aspects to it that define it as the Eagle set, right. When a Elf wears the Eagle set or when an Orc wears the Eagle set, you obviously have two different cultures there; and you don't want to stomp out that culture by assigning a de facto 'This is the Eagle set and this is how it looks on everybody.' What we want to have is cultural influences play a role in showing how that set looks. – Steven Sharif
- When you say, what if I'm an Orc but want to look like an Elf and I want my Eagle set to be the Elf representation? Well the issue becomes there that you know Orcs have a different organic model. You know, their body is different than that of the Elf. So, from a scope-creep standpoint, it's one thing to add different influences that represent the cultures that are donning the armor; it's another thing to adapt each influence as a matrix that can be worn pretty much by everything. From a scope perspective, that's a very difficult task for the character artists to kind of tackle. So instead what we've done is, in order to facilitate a variety of cultural representation between the races but allow for the sharing of assets like different armor sets, we give different representations of those armor sets to each race. – Steven Sharif
- Crafted gear in the game is the best gear... One thing that I'm not a fan of is that you develop a crafting system in a game and you've spent a lot of time making this from a material and resource perspective. All the tables that you can receive, all the connectivity in the economy and how crafting is associated with the game; and then you undermine the crafting entirely by presenting a separate route of gear acquisition that is on-par with the crafting efforts. So here you have these people who are acquiring all of the resources getting, all the recipes, leveling up their professions and then everything they make is less or equal to anything you could just have chosen the easier path of and gone down the questing and received the best gear. So what we do focus on is that crafters make the best shit. Excuse me, the best things. – Steven Sharif
- Master crafters will be able to influence several (but not all) stats on their crafted items.
- The rarity of the items will be commensurate with the effort required to gather, process and craft the items.
- That plays into our crafting system in and of itself. The idea is for those stats to be variables that can be kind of dictated based on the mastery level of the particular crafter; and the higher they become a master of those professions, whether it be for armor or for weapons or for accessories, they're going to have some agency and put their mark on essentially what items they're introducing into the economy. – Steven Sharif
- At the moment, harnessing corruption to warp items into demonic or decayed things is not on the cards.
- A crafter's name is embedded in the items they craft.
- We believe that every item that exists in the world should in some way reflect its creator. As such, there will be extreme versatility in our crafting system – giving crafters the ability to create unique items that represent their strengths and weaknesses.
- Skins are cosmetic items that do not grant the user any benefit.
- Skins are only be able to be applied to things that have already been earned, crafted or found within Ashes of Creation.
- The flavor text next to store items relates to the lore and background of creatures and items in the world of Verra.
- Caravan skins change the appearance of an in-game mount and in-game caravan that are hooked up to each other.
- The best skins will be in-game achievable.
Negozio di cosmetici
- Equitable cosmetics, both from a quantity and quality standpoint, are achievable through in-game means.
- Nothing in the cosmetic store will be pay to win.
Nothing in our shop will ever be pay to win as we believe this practice greatly hurts the MMORPG genre.
- Cash shop cosmetics will offer a diverse selection of unique looks.
I want to incentivize purchase in the cosmetic shop for sustainability of what expansions we have intended, since we are not a box cost. I want to incentivize purchase by offering limited items: limited time, limited quantity, so you have confidence that when you purchase them, they won't be offered later on in some other way. – Steven Sharif
- All cosmetic store items will be non-tradeable. There will be no gifting mechanism for cosmetic items.
We can push the limits a little bit on the graphical fidelity, especially using Unreal Engine 4... My desire was not to see very cartoony games. I'm not a big fan of highly stylized art. – Steven Sharif
Verra will be filled with many sets of armor, each set uniquely carved into the history of the world. Mana-forged sets are distinctly vibrant with luminescent magic, pulsating across the body of its hero. We hope you enjoy them, and look forward to many more glimpses into the armors of Verra, waiting for their champions! – Margaret Krohn
Your base look for the character can be pretty boring, but what Steven gave us a challenge with from day one was to make sure even the base look, the t-shirt and pants, looked amazing... This is your zero character, if you will... Then you can go in and customize everything from the shoulder pads to the elbow pads, the belt that goes around them; do you want duel belts, you want to harness the clothes in the front. So every piece you see on here you can actually customize that at the front end. So what we do is we scale that up from zero, ten and twenty... We scale it up and we customize it; and then I want to really stress that each one of those looks as you progress is different. We're not just repurposing the same armor pieces. We're making unique sets that complement each other as you progress. – Mat Broome
You can actually have three different types of themes: You have plate, you'll have leather and you'll have robe. So for every armor set that we're showing at each one of those tiers, you're actually gonna have nine unique looks to pick from. – Mat Broome
- There will be hundreds of attachments available ranging from a small clasp to the front plate of a breast plate.
Items on back and belt
Items attached to a character's back or belt represent items they are in possession of. Players can set the appearance priority for the items they wish to show. Only one item can show at a time, and that is determined by player choice.
- Some ranged or melee abilities require a specific weapon to be equipped. Weapons that are equipped in the character's ranged or offhand slots will be automatically swapped in and out as required by the skill.
- A big component of the MMORPG that - half of that you know acronym is RPG role-playing game. And in order to role-play you need to be able to represent kind of what your character is doing in that world and you know part of what animation is doing is creating these sockets on the let's say the belt or the back that you know can plug in certain types of props or items that are created by the character team, like Carson, you know might be a scroll tube, it might be a potion, it might be whatever: Those players will have the ability as we've discussed in the past will have the ability to select what they want to be represented in those sockets and then animation will make sure that jibe well in movement. – Steven Sharif
- There'll be a priority system behind that that'll determine... do I show the Bow if the Greatsword is unequipped or do I show the Polearm if the Greatsword is unequipped. – Jeffrey Bard
- Characters performing ranged abilities will switch to the ranged weapon, then can switch back to the melee weapon and shield or two-handed melee weapon.
- There will be a setting to determine if the ranged weapon or main/offhand selection is your primary weapon to use for Q or left-mouse-button basic attacks.
- Let's say you use Power shot: You click Power shot, you quickly switch over to the ranged weapon, execute the skill, and you're back to your primary focus, which is the the sword and shield; and then for weapon attacks like your Q or your left mouse button, you would have the option to to set which is your focus, the ranged weapon, or the main offhand selection and you can swap back and forth between that as you want. – Steven Sharif
- While melee characters have a max distance proximity where they're eligible to use their sword and melee weapons, Rangers are going to have a minimum distance requirement. – Steven Sharif
- Dual weapons are treated as single items that when equipped will occupy both main and off-hand gear slots.
- There is a limited selection of weapons that can be dual wielded.
- Shields cannot be dual wielded.
- Great swords probably can't be dual wielded.
- Q: How will animations work while dual wielding weapons of A) a different type, for example an axe and a dagger; or B) different weapon speeds?
- A: Dual weapons will have their own animation sets; and... there will be a limited selection of which weapons can be dual weapons. Players will make that selection. They'll create those dual weapons as as bespoke single items that when equipped will occupy both the main and offhand; and then how we handle the attack speeds is we offer animations at a particular speed and then we adjust that with a modifier based on whatever is influencing that: either increase or slow down in speed. – Steven Sharif
- Swapping weapons (from inventory) into a hand or range slot is not possible in combat.
- You can always hot weapon swap even in combat, but you can't swap your armor and gear. Nothing that's in a hand or range slot if you're in combat. – Steven Sharif
Gear inspection/ Threat assessment
I giocatori avranno un buff nella loro targhetta che indica quale set d'equipaggiamento stanno indossando. Gli altri giocatori potranno vedere questo buff da lontano selezinando il giocatore.
- Puoi selezionare un giocatore. Potrai vedere che tipo di armatura possiedono basandoti sul buff che possiedono poichè le cosmetiche possono cambiare l'apparenza. Potresti avere delle silhouette differenti come risultato di ciò. – Steven Sharif
- Il bordo indicherà il livello e la qualità del set.
- Gli sviluppatori credono che ispezionare l'attrezzatura per ottenere una lista esatta di equipaggiamento o un punteggio dell'equipaggiamento possa portare a "comportamenti indesiderati".
- Quando vedi un giocatore che si avvicina e indossano un'armatura trasformata in apparenza (transmog) non sai se quella persona ha un'alta mitigazione di danno fisico o magico e il modo in cui risolviamo questo problema è che quando selezioni un giocatore da lontano ci sarà un buff presente che potrai vedere, che indica essenzialmente quale set stanno indossando. Per i giocatori , da un punto di vista di valutazione delle minacce, è importante sapere riconoscere a cosa vanno incontro se controllano di proposito e questo sarà possibile. – Steven Sharif
Targhetta del personaggio
- Questa può contenere il nome, o facoltativamente anche il cognome.
- Il nome della Gilda del personaggio è posizionato affianco del nome.
- La targhetta del personaggio deteriorerà per dare un'idea di quanto danno ha ricevuto.
- Una icona indentificherà la classe del personaggio.
- Passando il mouse sulla targhetta mostrerà informazioni del personaggio come il livello, il nome della classe e la combinazione di archetipi.
- Un buff indicherà l'equipaggiamento e grado del personaggio.
- La visibilità della targhetta può essere oscurata da oggetti in gioco, come alberi; da abilità di utilità, come Camuffamento o Stealth; o attraverso l'uso di travestimenti.
- I tipi di creatura delle evocazioni dell'Evocatore appaiono nelle targhette sopra alle evocazioni. Questo non può essere cambiato dal giocatore.
- Different tiers of gear are accessible based on a character's level.
- Players gain bonuses depending on the number of pieces of the set they have equipped.
- There are passive abilities that can be chosen to become more adept with certain set types.
- There will be viable non-set builds.
- Racial appearance of gear sets is tied to the character model of that race.
- It may be possible to store and swap gear sets with a single button press when out of combat.
Item creation suite
- Racial skins transform the race of the character to that skin. The original racial appearance of the character is entirely replaced.
- Racial skins can be toggled on and off.
There are plans to create other racial skins.
- Some potential future ideas include undead and werewolf (lycan) skins.
- Costumes (and pets) don't have a level restriction. Other cosmetics require an in-game item to be obtained first.
- Costumes are not gender or race locked, but can adapt based on a character's gender and race.
- All hoods and headslot items, whether part of a complete costume or individual gear, will have the option to be shown or hidden on the character by the player.
- Cosmetici can be used by all races but there may be slight variations to make them work with the body builds of each race.
Kickstarter weapon skins
- Usable on all types of weapons.
- Include subtle and tasteful glow/particle effects.
Backer only armor skin
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse weapon variants
|Basic axe.||Hallowed Bronze Axe.||Arcanic Bronze Axe.||Pyroclastic Bronze Axe.||Eldritch Bronze Axe.|
|Thundering Mace.||Hallowed Mace.||Arcanic Mace.||Pyroclastic Mace.||Eldritch Mace.|
- Between 15 and 20 cosmetic rewards are earnable in every chapter.
- Daily and weekly quests will allow players to gain up to 50 levels (matching the intended level cap for the Ashes of Creation MMORPG).
- Advancing through these levels allows players to unlock unique cosmetic rewards, such as weapon skins.
You're going to have an adventuring path and that adventuring path is going to come with weekly quests and daily quests that you can participate in that will be available for the Castle sieges for the Horde and for the Battle Royale; and as you complete these quests you're going to gain experience; and right now you have up to 50 levels, which matches the intended cap for Ashes of Creation. Fifty levels of the adventure path that you can advance in; and as you advance in each of these levels you're going to be unlocking certain assets, such as these weapon skins. Now the great thing about player's progress in Apocalypse is that you will share the same account from Apocalypse to Ashes of Creation the MMORPG and anything that you earn in Apocalypse will be in Ashes of Creation the MMORPG- a unique as a skin exactly: A skin that you will have access to for helping us test write Apocalypse and preparing these different Alpha and Beta stages for Ashes of Creation. – Steven Sharif
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse gear appearances
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse cloak appearances
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse cosmetic rewards
Progression and experience tracking for participation in Ashes of Creation Apocalypse testing entitled players to earn unique cosmetic rewards. These earned rewards will carry over in player's accounts to live launch of the MMORPG.
- Armor appearances.
- Freehold building skins.
- Weapon skins.
One of the ways we want to give back to the Community in participating in this testing is allowing for progress, quests, achievements rewards to be gained in Apocalypse... You will have rewards and quests and achievements that you and your participation and your performance in that game, whether it be the Castle Siege, the Horde Mode or the Battle Royale will earn you cosmetics. There will be costumes. There will be mounts to earn. There will be housing and furniture. There will be emotes. There will be weapon variants. A lot of these are what we have in production for our project Ashes of Creation, we apply some variants and skins for and make them only available through participating in helping us test these different game modes. And they will carry over to your account on the MMORPG. – Steven Sharif
The account used for Apocalypse is the same account used for the MMORPG. Unique skins earned in Apocalypse will be added to the MMORPG as rewards for helping to prepare for the Alpha and Beta stages of Ashes of Creation.
- Cosmetic skins are only be able to be applied to things that have already been earned, crafted or found within the Ashes of Creation MMORPG.
- Skins earned in Apocalypse will be available to apply at certain tiers, levels and/or access points within the MMORPG.
So it's not that you'll be able to equip necessarily an item at level one. These are all cosmetic skins. Again we are not about the pay-to-win or pay-to-convenience life. What we want to do instead is as you earn, craft, or find equipment in the MMORPG, these skins that you've earned in Apocalypse will be available at certain tiers, levels and/or access points. So for example, we have different grades of mounts right. We have the base one land mounts. We have the the Royal mounts. We have the flying mounts if you're a mayor or King or Queen. We have legendary mounts. These classes of mounts will have available skins associated with those particular classes... If you have the Ramstider skin that you've earned from Apocalypse, you'll be able to apply that to your first land mount, which will probably be earned within the first five levels you'll earn a land mount. However if you have let's say for example the Gryphon, which will be a glideable mount. I'm sorry what's the name of the what's the name of the night one. The midnight- is the midnight bird or something like? The Nighthunter Gryphon. I think that's it. If you have that skin you'll only be able to apply that skin to a Royal mount so you'll still have to earn these things. Remember our position is that of: You need to earn these things in Ashes first. They're not purchasable or earned outside in Apocalypse and you're granted that immediately. These are skins that you apply to the things you earn in Ashes. – Steven Sharif
One thing that we announced to our alpha one backers that I know they love clarity on is that we'll also be including progression and experience tracking for participation and testing that will entitle them to some unique cosmetics as well that reflect on the lore of this setting, which is before the fall. So you'll be able to acquire some armors that reflect some of the ancient cultures of Verra that you will earn and hold for live launch. – Steven Sharif
2023-01-30 2022-10-01 2022-07-06 2022-06-30 2022-06-29 2022-05-16 2022-04-07 2022-01-30 2021-03-28 2020-12-31 2019-06-30 2019-06-30 2019-06-29
- Twitter - The Dünir are suited up for battle with these in-game unlockable tier five armor pieces!
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2020-04-30 (50:45).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2020-05-29 (50:20).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-05-26 (19:51).
- Reddit Q&A, 2019-01-8.
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2021-12-23 (1:34:07).
- Podcast, 2018-08-04 (53:43).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2022-10-28 (1:41:06).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2021-09-24 (1:25:27).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-07-18 (54:56).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-07-28 (9:47).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2020-10-30 (1:13:22).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2020-11-30 (1:05:22).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-05-24 (24:19).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-09-03 (48:56).
- Colloquio, 2018-08-24 (5:28).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-11-17 (22:33).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2020-11-30 (57:50).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2018-02-09 (50:29).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2020-07-25 (54:10).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2019-11-22 (1:08:05).
- Video, 2020-09-30 (2:44).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2020-09-30 (47:47).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2019-07-26 (54:06).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2022-03-31 (4:57).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-05-26 (44:11).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-05-26 (20:46).
- Podcast, 2018-08-04 (55:17).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2022-06-30 (1:18:55).
- February 8, 2019 - Questions and Answers.
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-05-10 (14:45).
- Podcast, 2018-08-04 (59:58).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2020-12-22 (1:15:01).
- About Ashes of Creation.
- Ashes of Creation Store: Gear appearance.
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2020-11-30 (56:02).
- Rime and Regal.
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2018-12-06 (41:43).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2020-11-30 (58:24).
- Ashes of Creation cosmetic store.
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2020-07-25 (1:53:46).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2018-04-8 (PM) (58:29).
- Colloquio, 2018-05-11 (32:36).
- Colloquio, 2018-10-20 (2:17:43).
- Blog: 2019-02-28 State of the Game Live-stream and Mana-forged Armor
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2018-08-17 (20:19).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2018-08-17 (22:59).
- Colloquio, 2018-10-20 (3:34:46).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2020-08-28 (1:15:02).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-07-28 (24:54).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2022-06-30 (1:17:34).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2019-05-30 (1:09:13).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2020-01-30 (49:08).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2021-06-25 (21:56).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2018-06-04 (19:48).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2022-09-30 (49:16).
- Podcast, 2021-09-29 (40:50).
- Colloquio, 2018-05-11 (16:32).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-06-30 (47:14).
- Podcast, 2021-09-29 (46:20).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2022-12-02 (1:12:19).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2020-01-30 (35:12).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2022-09-30 (1:13:23).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-06-16 (40:06).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-07-28 (33:36).
- Video, 2018-08-17 (0:01).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2022-09-30 (51:09).
- Colloquio, 2020-07-18 (1:03:45).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2019-05-30 (1:15:58).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-07-28 (34:32).
- Twitter - Better luck next time.
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2020-08-28 (2:07:26).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2020-07-25 (53:08).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2020-06-26 (1:28:10).
- Podcast, 2021-09-29 (52:58).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-07-28 (1:34:55).
- Official Livestream - May 4th @ 3 PM PST - Q&A
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-07-28 (23:20).
- Colloquio, 2018-05-11 (2:45).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-05-22 (51:00).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2020-07-25 (1:33:37).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2020-01-30 (1:40:48).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2022-10-14 (48:45).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2022-09-30 (1:23:28).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2021-01-29 (1:21:01).
- Video, 2023-01-27 (45:46).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2020-11-30 (54:29).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2020-11-30 (49:35).
- Colloquio, 2020-07-18 (1:02:08).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-11-17 (56:07).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2021-11-19 (40:53).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2021-04-30 (41:18).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-05-24 (24:20).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-05-12 (1:04:04).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2020-05-29 (1:42:43).
- Kickstarter 12k+ backers.
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2018-04-8 (AM) (4:47).
- Ashes of Creation Store: Vestments of the Runecarvers.
- Forums - Livestream Q&A 2022-08-26.
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2020-06-26 (1:42:55).
- May The 4th, Be With You... And also some skins.
- Ashes of Creation Kickstarter.
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2018-12-06 (26:03).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2018-12-06 (26:23).
- Bronze Axe Skins.
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2018-12-06 (28:08).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2018-12-06 (28:12).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2018-12-06 (28:19).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2018-12-06 (28:30).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2018-12-06 (28:37).
- Thundering Mace Skins.
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2018-12-06 (28:43).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2018-12-06 (28:47).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2018-12-06 (28:51).
- 2018-12-08 Newsletter.
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2018-12-06 (28:45).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2018-12-06 (33:55).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2018-12-06 (26:12).
- Blog: October Giveaway - Free Armor of the Autumn Knight.
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2018-10-31 (38:47).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2018-09-27 (27:27).