Personal inventory limits are tied to a backpack. Material and gatherable items are subject to quantity rather than weight limits. Caravan and Muli are intended to be the primary mode of transportation of goods beyond these limits.
- Muli can carry roughly 10 times more than backpacks. Caravans can carry roughly 10 times more than mules.
- Caravan will have carrying capacity limits and customizable stats, such as defensive points, speed and number of hired NPC guards.
- In my opinion, and this is of course subjective, but weight management is not a compelling mechanic for players to have to deal with in an MMO setting. – Steven Sharif
Inventario capacity has quantity (stacking) limits based on the type of item. For example: The stacking limit of potions might be one hundred. The stacking limit of food items might be 999 or 1000.
- A player's inventory has sections for different types of items. Quest items for example will not fill a player's regular inventory capacity.
- There will be a healthy number of slots for gear in a player's inventory.
- Inventory is split into two separate management systems. The first is your non-material, non-gatherable slots. Those are your standard single slot, not-space-constrained system that's a standard inventory: you just have a single slot, and you can pull completed items and/or consumables and quest items or whatever into that slot. And then, when you're talking about materials, specifically processed goods and gatherables: those exist within the Tetris type uh inventory system. – Steven Sharif
- Inventory capacity will be relatively limited for new characters.
- We want to have very unique progression when it comes to the construction of resource bags; and those resource bags will have certain benefits, like increasing stack size count of particular types of resources; or of having a additional delay time necessary to interface with with your corpse, should a player try to take the resources you might have dropped in PvP; or having passive benefits and unique structures of spacing that makes it more a better bag for wood gathering because woods are three-by-one; or a better bag for mining because mining is always two-by-two. The idea is to make your intent as a gatherer when you go out into the wild specific right not just that you're going out into the wild and gathering everything you can because it's there; and that's what we don't have like a labor system that limits it. We have a space constraint system so when you leave your node and you go out into the wild you need to be conscientious of what you're choosing to interact with and take resources for, because you have a limited space constraint to that degree. – Steven Sharif
- Players will have the ability to search for items they have stored in various locations (such as personal storage and node warehouses).
- We want you to know where the things are; and then the meaningful aspect of that thing is traveling to those locations to access some of those things, particularly as it relates to materials and raw gatherables. – Steven Sharif
- Inventories will be able to be sorted.
- Inventario expansion and weight management training certificates are available in the Galleria at City stage economic nodes.
- Backpacks are equippable in a character's back slot.
- The higher level the backpack, the greater the inventory space.
- There's item progression as it relates to quality of bags, types of bags, and the materials they're most used for. Some of them are more PvP oriented that can reduce significantly drop rates for PvP as a result of that progression. – Steven Sharif
- Different backpack types cater to different activities.
- Some of those bags might have increased times to interact with a player corpse and you can choose to perhaps have less capacity, less stack size, less slot availability for the certain types of gatherables you may want to acquire in exchange for an increased interaction time for other players that might try to loot that bag, giving you time to reach it and take back your belongings. Or, if in the middle of a fight they see a corpse on the ground and they're like wait a minute, I want to grab that. Well, if I got to spend 10 seconds to interact with that corpse and there's combat going on, this is an opportunity strategically for you to recapture the grounds- for you to recapture the battlefield. You want to think about those types of interactions. How do you add layers of strategy to engagements and and there's ways to do that through inventory management as well. – Steven Sharif
Muli are mounts that assist in the transport of goods, resources, and gatherables to increase a player's carrying capacity. Mules transport goods on a much smaller scale than the caravan system.
- Mayoral caravans are used by Mayors to transfer cargo between nodes with established trade agreements or alliances.
- Caravans are initiated from and arrive at caravansary node buildings within Village (fase 3) nodes and above.
- Caravan create an objective-based PvP event in the open-world that players can choose to attack, defend, or opt-out of.
- PvE caravan events can cause roadways to be blocked off or hostile mobs to spawn to attack the caravan.
- There are small, medium, and large crates. The higher quality the crate, the greater its capacity.
- Commodities are transported by caravans and merchant ships in sealed crates.
- Player commodities are "pre-crated" when they are purchased from commodities vendor NPCs.
- Player commodities present in caravan wreckages have a portion of their value sunk (lost).
- These commodities cannot be stored in a player's inventory. Players must summon an empty caravan from a nearby node to transport them.
- Commodities can go into Crates to move them. If someone loses a Caravan, in the wreckage there are Crates. If you get a Crate to a Caravansary you can unpack it. – Ry Schueller
- Unsealing crates (by breaking open sealed crates) yields less value than transporting the sealed crates for unloading. This is in addition to the value already lost when the caravan (or merchant ship) was destroyed.
Unsealing crates (by breaking open sealed crates) yields less value than transporting the sealed crates for unloading. This is in addition to the value already lost when the caravan (or merchant ship) was destroyed.
- Player commodities in unsealed crates lose value and still may only be transported by caravan (or merchant ship).
- Unsealing crates with other types of cargo may cause the cargo to become "stolen".
- Cracking/breaking Crates always give less value than doing the work to get a Crate back to a place where you can unpack it. Commodities like "A Case of Kaelar Wooden Soldiers" don’t go into a player’s inventory. The only way someone gets Commodities like "A Case of Kaelar Wooden Soldiers" from place to place is in Crates. – Ry Schueller
- Sheds are present on empty freehold plots to provide basic storage for materials needed to construct freehold buildings.
Player housing storage
- Players must obtain and place storage containers in their player-owned housing.
- Different grades of storage containers have different inventory capacities.
- There are restrictions on the grades of storage containers available in different types of houses.
- Access permissions can be set to allow others to access a player's personal storage devices.
- Players are prohibited from moving goods out of depositories within a node following a siege declaration against that node.
- Corrupt players are not able to utilize storage systems.
- Banking between characters will likely be restricted to furniture and completed items.
- A warehouse ability may enable a player to transfer non-material goods between alternate characters. This excludes resources, materials or anything that relies on the caravan system.
- Raw gatherables and materials are not able to be mailed by players.
- Social messages sent via mail will be received instantly.
- It hasn't been decided whether crafted items such as gear will be able to be sent via mail.
- From an item standpoint obviously we can't allow mailing to include any type of resource material or raw gatherable because those are central to the gameplay and transiting through the caravan system and economic regions. But it may be possible to send completed crafted items like gear, equipment, stuff like that. But it's something we're still discussing. – Steven Sharif
- Video, 2023-01-27 (9:43).
- Twitter - Steven Sharif - Spatial inventory slots.
- Video, 2023-06-30 (8:54).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-05-15 (45:19).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-04-27 (6:11).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2023-02-24 (54:55).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2020-05-29 (1:27:18).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-07-18 (44:57).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-05-22 (40:41).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2020-07-25 (1:14:13).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2022-02-25 (1:10:00).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2023-02-24 (22:57).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2023-06-30 (1:24:42).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2023-06-30 (46:17).
- Podcast, 2023-07-15 (22:57).
- Colloquio, 2023-09-10 (47:13).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2023-02-24 (46:15).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2021-11-19 (40:53).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2022-07-29 (1:17:33).
- Know Your Nodes: Economic Node Type.
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2023-04-28 (1:08:55).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2019-05-30 (1:09:17).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2023-04-28 (1:18:48).
- Podcast, 2023-07-15 (26:31).
- Blog: The Hungry Quadruped.
- Ashes of Creation Kickstarter - Mounts, Tigers and Bears!
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2020-05-29 (1:03:35).
- About Ashes of Creation.
- Video, 2019-07-16 (0:00).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2023-10-31 (1:30:52).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2023-10-31 (1:06:32).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2023-08-31 (2:10:23).
- Video, 2019-07-15 (2:12).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2022-08-26 (1:20:17).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2022-07-29 (3:21).
- Colloquio, 2018-05-11 (28:21).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-05-15 (45:20).
- Video, 2023-10-31 (10:13).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2020-05-29 (46:36).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-07-28 (20:56).
- Colloquio, 2020-03-27 (16:19).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-05-22 (40:40).
- Video, 2023-10-31 (34:12).
- Podcast, 2021-04-11 (23:36).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2022-10-28 (1:36:10).
- Video, 2023-10-31 (3:34).
- Colloquio, 2023-09-10 (53:47).
- Video, 2023-08-31 (33:07).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2023-10-31 (1:18:33).
- Video, 2023-06-30 (19:20).
- Colloquio, 2018-12-06 (20:30).
- Video, 2020-05-31 (47:32).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2023-06-30 (18:45).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2021-06-25 (22:34).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2021-07-30 (1:14:33).
- Video, 2020-05-31 (47:32).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2018-08-17 (10:54).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2021-04-30 (1:12:33).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2020-06-26 (51:58).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2019-06-28 (1:23:31).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2020-04-30 (1:14:44).
- Colloquio, 2020-07-08 (57:46).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2023-02-24 (1:12:24).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2022-10-28 (24:28).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2021-04-30 (1:14:49).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2018-04-8 (AM) (23:18).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2021-01-29 (1:14:53).
- Video, 2018-09-06 (3:53).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2018-07-09 (50:16).