- Players will be able to identify the type of a node at its first stage of development (Expedition) based on its NPC population.
|Divine nodes||Faith and skill/equipment augment focuses||Priests||Favor|
|Economic nodes||Trade and merchant focuses||Merchants||-|
|Military nodes||Combattimento and class training focuses||Guards||Honor|
|Scientific nodes||Artisan and construction focuses||Scholars||-|
Ashes of Creation allows you, the player, to decide the fate of the world around you. With each Node Type, you can change the flow of resources and goods in the world. Will you grow the largest Economic Metropolis and help guide the riches of Verra, or will you choose another path unlocking new stories filled with allies and enemies?
For example, if a level 4 Scientific Node is destroyed, it will become a Level 0 Scientific Node. It will never be any other Node Type other than a Scientific Node. The location of these Types relates to the influences of the area around the Node. – Margaret Krohn
Beta testing will require that the node types be definitive; and that's because of how node types are integrated into the relating and corresponding neighboring points of interest and those quest lines. So it's not something we can swap very easily. – Steven Sharif
Divine node benefits
Divine nodes at Metropolis (fase 6) may unlock a procedurally built "mega catacomb" dungeon beneath it that connects to its divine vassal nodes. These may house unique bosses with unique drop tables.
Economic node benefits
- Up to two economic metropolises may be linked in this manner.
- Metropolis level economic nodes enable worldwide sale prices for auction houses across Verra.
- Items listed in one linked economic node can be bid on from any other linked economic node.
- Linked economies also connect the economic metropolis and its vassal economic nodes.
Economic Nodes that have reached the Metropolis Stage unlock the Superpower “Linked Economy”. Any Economic Node with this Superpower unlocked shares Auction House listings with all the others, meaning that the items listed in one Linked Economy Node can be bid on from any other Linked Economy Node. Linked Economies also connect a Metropolis and any Vassal Economic Nodes belonging to that Metropolis.
The Linked Economy Superpower has the potential to create a massive market that spans the world. This will allow players to attain and sell goods with ease, providing those who have access to these Economic Nodes a faster path to fortune in the lands of Ashes of Creation.
Military node benefits
Scientific node benefits
- If there are multiple scientific metropolises, then an airship will provide faster travel between those scientific metropolises for citizens of those nodes and their vassal nodes, so long as the metropolises are not at war.
- Previously this was stated to be limited to citizens of metropolis scientific nodes regardless of the stage of the vassal node, so long as the vassal node is not at war.
- This will allow Citizens and Vassals of Scientific Metropolises to do things more quickly than others, as fast travel is limited in the world of Ashes of Creation. They’ll be able to exchange goods and information with ease and get to locations in the world at a quicker speed in order to gather crafting materials to create recipes, as well as participate in limited-time events.
Node election types
- Divine node mayors are elected based on the citizen who earns the most PvE favor with the node.
- Most of the devotion-oriented tasks are going to be on an individual basis and won't utilize outside support.
- Economic node mayors are elected via a blind-bid auction where the citizen bidding the most money wins. This is a gold sink.
- Military node mayors are elected based on trial by combat. During the election week the node will enter an open-Pvp battleground state for hour-long periods where candidates (and their citizen supporters) compete to gain points by securing objectives. The highest point winner at the end of the week will win.
- Scientific node mayors are elected via ranked choice popular vote.
Unique node buildings
Each node type has a unique service building associated with it that can be activated at Village (fase 3) of node advancement. The unique building plays a central role in the progress of civilization for a server.
- Node series part II – the Metropolis.
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-05-04 (15:15).
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - The Basics.
- Colloquio, 2023-07-09 (19:56).
- Colloquio, 2020-07-18 (27:11).
- Know Your Nodes: Economic Node Type.
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2021-08-27 (1:19:43).
- Blog: Creative Director's Letter
- Colloquio, 2021-06-13 (56:35).
- MMOGames interview, January 2017
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2018-05-04 (51:57).
- Blog: Know Your Nodes - Scientific Node Type
- Blog: Development Update with Village Node.
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2023-08-31 (24:54).
- Colloquio, 2020-07-19 (26:54).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2021-03-26 (1:18:26).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2023-10-31 (1:35:22).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2021-11-19 (51:56).
- Colloquio, 2020-03-27 (09:05).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2021-03-26 (1:17:20).
- Podcast, 2018-05-11 (52:20).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2020-10-30 (1:01:00).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2018-09-01 (36:28).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2023-08-31 (56:18).