Programma di rilascio
- The NDA spot testing that will be before Alpha-2: We will have first one with our PI members, then we'll have some with our Alpha-1 users, and then our Alpha-2 users; and of course Alpha-2 will not be NDA, but that spot testing will be NDA. – Margaret Krohn
|Pre‑alpha||Alpha-0.||December 15, 2017.|
|APOC||Ashes of Creation Apocalypse battle royale stress test (NDA).||September 7, 2018.|
|Ashes of Creation Apocalypse battle royale stress test (NDA lifted).||October 19, 2018.|
|Ashes of Creation Apocalypse battle royale open beta.||December 18, 2018.|
|Ashes of Creation Apocalypse battle royale early access.||September 24, 2019.|
|Ashes of Creation Apocalypse castle siege mode PI closed testing.||December 19, 2019.|
|Ashes of Creation Apocalypse battle royale testing ends.||March 10, 2020.|
|Alpha||Alpha-1 early preview livestream.||March 27, 2020.|
|Alpha-1 limited QA testing (NDA).||May 28, 2020.|
|Alpha-1 preview pre-test 1 (NDA).||Dec 18 - Dec 21 2020.|
|Alpha-1 preview pre-test 2 (NDA).||Feb 19 - Feb 22 2021.|
|Alpha-1 preview intermittent spot testing (NDA).||Mar 19 - Jul 9 2021.|
|Alpha-1 preview weekend (no NDA).||July 9 - July 11 2021.|
|Alpha-1 (no NDA).||July 14 - August 15 2021.|
|Alpha-2 spot testing (NDA).||To be announced.|
|Alpha-2 (No NDA).||2024.|
|Beta||Beta-1.||To be announced.|
|Beta-2.||To be announced.|
|Pre‑release||Head start for crowdfunding backers at the Founder level and above.||1-2 days before launch.|
|Release||Launch (live) release.||To be announced.|
|Post‑launch||Major releases (DLC expansions).||Quarterly or six-monthly.|
- Alpha-0 was the invite-only "raffle" friends and family alpha test phase.
- Alpha-1, Alpha-2, Beta-1, and Beta-2 were available for purchase during the Kickstarter and Estate crowdfunding campaigns.
- Alpha-1 was available in the Intrepid pre-order pack and the Adventurer pre-order pack.
- Alpha-2 and Beta-2 were available during PAX West 2017.
- Alpha-2, Beta-1, and Beta-2 are currently available in Pre-order packs on the cosmetic store.
Ashes of Creation's core game systems are expected to be in place at the start of Alpha-2. By the end of Alpha-2, the game is expected to be feature complete, but it will not be content complete until launch.
- Alpha-1 and Alpha-2 testers may be invited to participate in spot testing prior to the Alpha-2 release.
- The game will be feature complete before Beta... Beta really is intended to identify last minute bugs to make sure that everything is ready for launch; it's important that all features are complete by Beta-1. Alpha-2 will not be feature complete at the start of Alpha-2. There are going to be updates that are going to be incorporated as part of the Alpha-2 process and there are going to be additional features that come online that get fleshed out between that time and Beta-1. There's going to be regions of the maps that aren't going to be accessible of course during Alpha-2. – Steven Sharif
- Alpha-2 is intended to exist up until launch. There's going to be different testing periods that we will be releasing either new content locations or zones or systems that we want to have players focus in on. In those situations, if we're having participation drought because of the length of Alpha-2, we can set them up in a more focused setting. We can even incentivize that. We can offer unique testing to potentially new testers as well. – Steven Sharif
Ashes of Creation
Ashes of Creation è una prospettiva unica dell'esperienza MMO. La struttura del nostro mondo è dinamica e costruita per rispondere alle azioni dei nostri giocatori. Le città si innalzeranno e cadranno, la loro popolazione sarà basata sulla storia del mondo man mano che i giocatori la creano. Le missioni si sbloccheranno quando queste popolazioni si riuniranno, i loro bisogni cresceranno, e i segreti verranno scoperti. Visto che la struttura degli NPC del mondo è stabilita in tempo reale, i giocatori avranno la possibilità di distruggere quello che hanno creato, preparando la strada per nuovi sviluppi, nuove popolazioni, e cambiamenti reali. Strategie politiche ed intrighi giocheranno un ruolo veramente importante nella struttura del vostro mondo. I giorni dei mondi statici sono finiti, d'ora in poi ci sarà il cambiamento.
- Progressione to level 15.
- The composition of class skills or archetype skills has to tread a fine line between two roads: One we wanted to be representative of skills not just that would traditionally be found 1 through 15 but we're actually introducing some skills that might be found later, because we want to test those particular ideas and how the skill functions. – Steven Sharif
- Creatore del personaggio (basic).
- Progressione to level 15.
- 4 playable races Kaelar, Vaelune, Dünir, Empyrean.
- A lot of times people ask well why haven't we seen the other races and stuff? We want to establish the quality bar and process with these races first and then when we move into further content production for the other races we have have those pipelines in place and we have the processes in place and we know how to approach them.
- 4 playable races Kaelar, Vaelune, Dünir, Empyrean.
The weapon attack is an important component of the combat system, so we want to make sure that as we're doing this combat revamp that we are essentially taking into consideration player feedback and sentiment about how they want a reactive and more mobile weapon attack system. – Steven Sharif
- The economy present in Alpha-1 is not reflective of the final state of the game.
- Merchant systems and player to player trading.
- We have an economy but it's not really going to be reflective of the final how the economy is going to work. It'll work for alpha one and there'll be plenty of things to trade and buy and exchange, but it's not going to be really super representative what the final state is. So keep that in mind as well it's a stubbed-in system. It's not a complete or really finalized system at all. – Jeffrey Bard
- Approximately 10 percent of the artisan system.
- Raccolta, Elaborazione, Crafting is expected to come online in Alpha-2 and the Betas.
- Previously this was targeted for Alpha-1.
- Naval content
- Navi for "island hopping".
- UI and tutorial systems are placeholders until Alpha-2.
Ashes of Creation's core game systems are expected to be in place at the start of Alpha-2. By the end of Alpha-2, the game is expected to be feature complete, but it will not be content complete until launch. Alpha-2 will last until launch and will run in parallel with Beta-1 and Beta-2.
- Alpha-2 is intended to be a true functional representation of all the core systems and features. – Steven Sharif
- Seasons and climates.
- Story arcs.[CORE 1]
- Missioni.[CORE 1]
- Punti di interesse.[CORE 1]
- Zones are expected to be around 60-70% complete before they are ready for Alpha-2.
- The eastern continent may not be included until later in Alpha-2.
- Creatore del personaggio.
- Some aspects of the character creator will not be present at the start of Alpha-2.
- Character progression up to level 35 (subject to change).[CORE 1]
- Bard, Cleric, Fighter, Mage, Ranger, Rogue, and Tank primary archetypes are expected to be present at the beginning of Alpha-2, along with some secondary classes and augments.[CORE 1] Summoner is expected to be released later in Alpha-2.
- Secondary selections will be released individually, rather than all at once.
- Tulnar race.
- Family summon mechanic.
- Cavalcature.[CORE 1]
- Creatore del personaggio.
- Naval content will be introduced as an Alpha-2 update.
- Q: What systems are still needed to be rolled out before Alpha two?
- A: I don't think it's at a core level that there's a particular system that has yet to be feature developed. Right now, it's more along the lines of expanding on those features, getting UI support for those features... UI, VFX, audio effects: Those are all big bottlenecks because they tend to occur at the end of the pipeline of content development; and then also ensuring that the interactions are polished and working. So from a large feature perspective- let me think about that, what large feature endeavor is still outstanding on the Alpha-2 front? A lot of it is content. I'm not sure that it's a feature one. I can't think of any large system features that haven't been stood up from a core functional perspective that don't just need expanding on, slash content development on. – Steven Sharif
- Q: And when you say content, that's like art and implementation and so on?
- A: Narrative quests, the assets, the modelling, the particular types of buildings, the armor sets, the creatures, the visual effects, audibility systems. Those are all content that accompany what the code is creating from a mechanical perspective. – Steven Sharif
- Bear McCreary's music will be unveiled in Beta-1.
- Node types will be definitive (finalized).
- Beta testing of Ashes of Creation will be closed.
- Head start is a means to gradually ramp up the population to avoid player concurrency issues at launch.
- Head start will also be a way to address any last-minute launch or deployment issues.
The point of head start is twofold: One for testing, making sure that the live launch servers pre-wipe are good; and then Two, it's a way to stagger the population move into the game. Because if you have servers with 10,000 concurrent player capability and you have everyone logging in at the exact same time, that is a problem I've never seen an MMO tackle successfully, ever. – Steven Sharif
- During the head start, the node system will be deactivated.
- Head start specific servers are also planned.
- It will not be possible to secure player housing during the headstart period due to the deactivation of the node system.
Head start was not a mistake, I tend to listen to my development team with regards to their vast past experiences in mmo launches and development. Advice from engineering on head starts was they are extremely desired in order to test any last minute launch/deployment issues that “always” happen. So I did as much as possible to mitigate the potential p2w elements/issues while still adhering to sound development principles. Including designating which servers are head start servers. So wanna make sure we don’t “chop” this one as a mistake or misstep. Everything done is done to ensure a quality launch/product. – Steven Sharif
- Alpha-2 testing prior to the full release of Alpha-2 will be under NDA.
- Alpha-1 testing prior to the full release of Alpha-1 was covered by NDA.
- The developers will not necessarily announce when NDA testing starts.
- We may not always announce when the NDA testing is, because we're not definitive how that testing is going to influence the future testing schedule; and we don't want to set the wrong expectation from a broader audience perspective on what they should be expecting with regards to testing. – Steven Sharif
- Alpha-0 had over 2,500 participants.
- Alpha-1 testing had approximately 9,600 participants as of August, 2018. There were slightly over 13k participants as of May 31, 2021. There were 5,300 unique logins during the 3 day weekend test of May 27, 2021.
- Alpha and Beta participation is expected to grow with the sale of pre-order packs.
- Alpha-2 is expected to have over 100,000 participants.
Pre-order-packs with Alpha-2 access are ending
- Why are the pre-order packs ending?
- Our pre-order packs were intended to be a way for players to support the project by providing an opportunity to collect exclusive cosmetic appearances that are used in creating the world of Verra, while respecting our commitment to zero-tolerance pay-to-win whatsoever. As we draw closer to our Alpha Two and Beta testing periods, we want to ensure a glorious experience for our players who have signed up to help make Ashes of Creation the MMORPG it deserves to be. To that end, we have decided to discontinue the packs until such time as our internal and/or external testing supports the admission of additional testers. We will continue to update our community when more ways become available to access Alpha Two or Beta testing through our communication channels.
- When will the final pre-order packs end?
- The final Pre-Order Packs will end on January 17, 2024 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific in order to ensure everyone has enough time and notice with regards to the final Pre-Order Packs’ availability.
- Does this include the Beta-1 and Beta-2 pre-order packages as well?
- Yes. While we anticipate we will reopen the ability to purchase Beta packages in the future, these options will not adopt the same format of regularly recurring monthly exclusive cosmetics as our existing Pre-Order Packages currently offer.
- If I do not get a pre-order pack, does that mean I will not be able to join Alpha-2, Beta-1, or Beta-2 in the future?
- Not necessarily. We will continue to engage with our community and content creators to offer various giveaways that players will have an opportunity to participate in. After our internal and/or external testing satisfies the admission of additional testers, we may provide alternate methods of purchasing access into testing periods.
- When the pre-order packs end, will there be other items on the Ashes of Creation shop?
- We may provide cosmetic items and merchandise in the shop at a future date.
- I purchased a previous pre-order pack, but I like The Unseen Order cosmetics better. Can I switch out my cosmetics for these?
- Previously purchased cosmetics may not be exchanged, though we do provide a 90-day return policy. If you own an existing Pre-Order Pack, you may also purchase individual cosmetics offered in the current pack a-la-cart.
- Can I upgrade my pre-order pack after sales for the pre-order packs end?
- Yes. You will continue to have the option to upgrade your Pre-Order Pack to a higher-tier package after sales of Pre-Order Packs end. If you upgrade, it will not give you the cosmetic items of the same type (Accessory, Pet, Mount, etc.) that came with the previous pack you purchased. Only the additional cosmetic items from the upgrade to The Unseen Order Pre-Order Pack will be granted.
- Can I purchase add-on cosmetics from The Unseen Order after pre-order packs are removed from the shop?
- Yes. You will continue to have the option to purchase add-on cosmetics from The Unseen Order, based on what your Pre-Order Package level gives you access to.
- How long will I be able to upgrade my pre-order pack or purchase The Unseen Order add-on cosmetics?
- We don’t have a date to share for this yet, but we’ll give everyone plenty of notice before ending the ability for them to upgrade their Pre-Order Packs or purchase add-on cosmetics from The Unseen Order.
- What about upgrading Kickstarter packages? When do those end?
- You will still be able to upgrade Kickstarter and Summer Backer Packages. We’ll give plenty of notice before ending the ability for people to upgrade their packs.
|December 2015||First team members were hired.|
|February 2016||Ashes of Creation design documentation and prototyping.|
|December 10, 2016||Official website was launched and project announced.|
|January 18, 2017||Official discord was launched.|
|May 2, 2017||Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign launched with $750,000 funding goal.|
|June 3, 2017||Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign completed with 19,576 backers raising $3,271,809.|
|June 2017||Game production began with a team size of 15-20.|
|June 21, 2017||Estate crowdfunding campaign launched.|
|July 22, 2017||Summer crowdfunding campaign completed with 2,485 backers.|
|September 1, 2017||PAX West 2017.|
|November 4, 2017||Raised $16,500 for Extra Life children's hospitals.|
|December 15, 2017||Alpha-0 released on schedule.|
|March 19-23, 2018||Game Developers Conference (GDC) 2018.|
|April 5, 2018||PAX East 2018.|
|August 15, 2018||Last day for purchases of Alpha-1 through Intrepid pre-order packs.|
|August 20, 2018||At Gamescom with My.com.|
|August 27, 2018||100 developers working on Ashes of Creation.|
|September 1, 2018||PAX West 2018 panel.|
|October 19, 2018||Ashes of Creation Apocalypse battle royale (previously called Alpha-1 phase 1 battlegrounds).|
|November 4, 2018||Raised $20,518 for Rady Children's hospital with Extra Life.|
|April 15, 2019||60 developers working on Ashes of Creation at San Diego offices (following disengagement with Malaysian art team).|
|November 3, 2019||Raised $20,901 for Rady Children's hospital with Extra Life.|
|August 21, 2020||Announced a mutual parting of ways with publisher My.games.|
|October 17, 2020||Almost 3,000,000 registered accounts for Ashes of Creation.|
|October 17, 2020||~87 developers working on Ashes of Creation.|
|November 8, 2020||Raised $88,546 for Rady Children's hospital with Extra Life.|
|February 26, 2021||Official ashesofcreation.com website redesign.|
|May 5, 2021||Alpha-1 sales resumed with the announcement of the Adventurer pre-order pack.|
|May 17, 2021||Verbal NDA was lifted from Alpha-1 testing.|
|July 9, 2021||Alpha-1 no-NDA preview weekend began on schedule.|
|July 11, 2021||Alpha-1 no-NDA preview weekend completed on schedule.|
|July 14, 2021||Alpha-1 no-NDA month long test began on schedule.|
|August 15, 2021||Alpha-1 no-NDA month long test completed on schedule.|
|November 7, 2021||Raised $34,485 for Rady Children's hospital with Extra Life.|
|December 23, 2021||Announced that Ashes of Creation is moving to Unreal Engine 5.|
|January 14, 2022||Over 120 people working on Ashes of Creation.|
|November 5, 2022||Raised $77,939 for Rady Children's hospital with Extra Life.|
|August 31, 2023||Over 150 people working on Ashes of Creation.|
|November 5, 2023||Raised $76,964 for Rady Children's hospital with Extra Life.|
- Kickstarter's most funded MMORPG.
- Kickstarter's #7 most funded video game.
- Most anticipated MMO – MMORPG.com's Best of 2017 Awards.
- Most anticipated early access hands-on MMORPG – MMOs World.
- Gamescom 2018: Best Independent game.
- Gamescom 2018: Best Online game.
- Best indie MMO of 2020 – massivelyop.com reader's poll.
- Most anticipated MMO of 2021 and beyond – massivelyop.com reader's poll.
- Top 10 Best Upcoming New MMORPGs For 2021 And Beyond – Forbes.
- 2022 Best MMO Studio – MMOGames.
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2023-09-29 (55:34).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2018-01-18 (2:48).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2018-09-01 (54:06).
- Press release - Ashes of Creation Apocalypse Launches December 18.
- Blog: Ashes of Creation Apocalypse heads into early access.
- @AoCApocalypse on Twitter.
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2019-12-17 (18:33).
- Blog: Early Access for Ashes of Creation Apocalypse Battle Royale Testing Ends.
- March 2020 newsletter.
- Video, 2020-03-23 (0:01).
- Creative Director's Letter, 2020-04-1.
- Blog: Creative Director's Letter, October 16 2020
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2021-02-26 (14:58).
- Blog: Creative Director's Letter, January 2021.
- Alpha One Schedule Update, May 10 2021.
- An Update on Alpha One Schedule, March 12 2021
- Ashes of Creation Twitter - Alpha-1 Preview Weekend Begins
- Colloquio, 2023-07-09 (26:35).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2023-03-31 (5:57).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2022-10-14 (17:05).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2018-01-18 (25:22).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2019-03-08 (57:26).
- Colloquio, 2021-02-07 (21:57).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-05-08 (11:14).
- Kickstarter packages.
- MMOGAMES Interview, 2017-09-8.
- Intrepid pre-order pack.
- Adventurer pre-order pack.
- PAX West 2017 Alpha package.
- PAX West 2017 Beta package.
- Ashes of Creation cosmetic store.
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2023-03-31 (1:24:21).
- Podcast, 2021-09-29 (59:29).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2023-04-07 (28:08).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2022-07-29 (1:08:49).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2021-07-30 (45:11).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2021-01-29 (46:48).
- Ashes of Creation MMO.
- A reactive world - Nodes.
- Podcast, 2021-04-11 (46:44).
- Video, 2021-07-14 (0:01).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2020-10-30 (15:35).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2021-03-26 (40:19).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2020-03-28 (54:48).
- Video, 2018-04-05 (1:01:40).
- Colloquio, 2022-01-14 (3:50).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2021-05-28 (1:13:05).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2021-04-30 (41:18).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2019-07-26 (1:10:44).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2018-09-01 (1:02:99).
- Colloquio, 2020-10-17 (53:50).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2020-03-28 (1:41:11).
- Colloquio, 2018-10-20 (12:38).
- Colloquio, 2021-06-13 (31:24).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2021-05-28 (1:48:14).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2021-05-28 (1:14:50).
- Video, 2021-02-26 (6:17).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2021-03-26 (44:30).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2020-11-30 (37:16).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2021-03-26 (43:55).
- Colloquio, 2018-08-08 (19:02).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2021-03-26 (42:28).
- Colloquio, 2021-02-07 (35:30).
- Podcast, 2018-05-11 (59:25).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2020-01-30 (35:12).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2021-03-26 (39:08).
- Video, 2021-04-30 (13:02).
- Blog: Creative Director's Letter, April 14 2021
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2020-10-30 (20:40).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2020-08-28 (1:29:17).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2020-11-30 (24:51).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2021-06-25 (29:09).
- Colloquio, 2018-08-08 (18:55).
- Video, 2022-03-31 (34:16).
- Video, 2022-03-31 (0:00).
- Podcast, 2023-07-15 (5:23).
- Colloquio, 2023-07-09 (1:30:10).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2022-04-29 (56:24).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2022-10-14 (6:38).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2022-04-29 (32:29).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2023-04-07 (13:35).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2023-04-07 (22:15).
- Colloquio, 2023-07-09 (1:49:39).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2023-04-07 (54:02).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2022-01-28 (15:35).
- Colloquio, 2023-07-09 (1:11:29).
- Colloquio, 2023-07-09 (1:06:53).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2023-04-07 (1:14:05).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2022-10-14 (15:44).
- Podcast, 2021-09-29 (23:00).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2018-04-8 (AM) (2:17).
- Colloquio, 2018-10-20 (0:00).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2021-09-24 (1:18:06).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2021-09-24 (1:19:17).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2022-04-29 (21:00).
- Colloquio, 2023-07-09 (1:28:32).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2018-09-27 (54:02).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2022-06-30 (1:17:34).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2022-04-29 (25:16).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2022-02-25 (1:10:00).
- Colloquio, 2023-07-09 (1:52:20).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2022-01-28 (7:26).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2021-12-23 (40:53).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2021-12-23 (50:50).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2018-10-31 (47:44).
- Colloquio, 2023-07-09 (1:11:53).
- Colloquio, 2023-07-09 (1:13:08).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2018-10-31 (57:22).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2021-08-27 (1:19:43).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2018-04-8 (AM) (6:39).
- Podcast, 2018-08-04 (2:00:05).
- Colloquio, 2018-08-08 (25:53).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2018-01-18 (49:26).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2020-05-29 (31:37).
- Colloquio, 2018-08-24 (12:18).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2018-08-17 (24:07).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-11-17 (28:50).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2023-01-27 (11:05).
- Ashes of Creation Store: August cosmetics.
- Ashes of Creation Store: September cosmetics.
- Alpha one test schedule, Mar 12, 2021.
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2020-11-30 (7:27).
- MASSIVELY OP interview: Ashes of Creation on a new way to MMO.
- Ashes of Creation Kickstarter campaign
- Ashes of Creation Kickstarter.
- PAX West 2017 Schedule.
- PAX West 2017 Map.
- Intrepid Studios Dev Team.
- Ashes of Creation Gamescom 2018 Interview: Responding to Criticism.
- Intrepid Studios Extra Life 2018 (@MediaAoC).
- Colloquio, 2019-04-15 (5:09).
- Blog: New Adventure Awaits.
- Colloquio, 2020-10-17 (18:36).
- Colloquio, 2020-10-17 (56:55).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2021-02-26 (9:51).
- Ashes of Creation Store: May cosmetics.
- Guide to Alpha One.
- Video, 2021-12-23 (0:00).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2021-12-23 (19:59).
- Colloquio, 2022-01-14 (9:11).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2023-08-31 (2:16:45).
- MMORPG.com's Best of 2017 Awards.
- Most Anticipated MMORPGs For 2018.
- DualShockers’ Gamescom 2018 Awards
- MassivelyOP 2020 awards reader's poll.
- MassivelyOP reader's poll.
- Forbes: Top 10 Best Upcoming New MMORPGs For 2021 And Beyond
- Twitter - MMOGames.