- Choice of weapon type changes the feel, pacing, speed, and other aspects of combat. Further specialization is achievable within each weapon's skill tree.
- Some ranged or melee abilities require a specific weapon to be equipped. Weapons that are equipped in the character's ranged or offhand slots will be automatically swapped in and out as required by the skill.
- Some abilities will require that certain pieces of equipment are equipped.That's true for melee abilities like a shield bash requiring a shield to be equipped, or certain ranged abilities requiring a ranged weapon to be equipped as well. It's important to note that as part of the Ashes of Creation paper doll, you have a melee main hand, an offhand slot, and then you have a ranged slot as well, so you don't have to switch between weapons per-se if you execute an ability that requires a ranged weapon, but if you have your melee weapon out it will automatically swap to the range weapon and use the ability and then back to your melee weapon for your basic attack should you choose; and then you can select which weapon you want to have available your melee or your range for the basic attack and you can swap between those two even in combat, but they're they're still equipped. – Steven Sharif
- The developers are considering per-use consumables/buffs that can be applied to weapons that applies certain rider effects to basic weapon attacks.
- Axes (One and two handed).
- Maces (One and two handed).
- Spears (One-handed).
- Swords/Rapiers (One and two handed).
The following weapon types are not equippable by players in the MMO.
- Crossbows will not be in the MMO.
- Potion launchers will only be able to be used as ship attachments in the MMO.
- Armi and armor are not class locked, but certain classes are more efficient with certain types of weapons or armor.
- There are no stat requirements for equipping gear, but there are affiliation and level requirements.
- We have level requirements that are going to be applicable for particular types of gears. There's going to be affiliation requirements for certain types of gear as well; but from a stat perspective we decided not to go down that route; and the only reason for that is we don't want to shoehorn people into particular types of builds; and stats relate to those particular types of builds because there's a lot of versatility that exists within our class system. They don't have to play it per-se and that lends itself to a meta. It's like, oh you're a tank where you have to tank constitution and if you don't take constitution you don't get access to this really cool tank breastplate. You know stuff like that. It can feel a little too restrictive when you start to dictate from a stat perspective how a player must build their character. – Steven Sharif
- Specific and necessary crafting materials for higher tier items can only be obtained through the deconstruction of lower-tier items. This is designed to keep lower tier crafted gear relevant through progression and across expansions.
- A big component of gear usefulness or relevancy, as either you're progressing or as expansions come out or whatnot, is that there is a deconstruction method associated with gear; and that deconstruction can provide very specific and necessary crafting materials that can only be achieved through deconstruction of certain types of gears. And then additionally as we consider expansions and additional itemization paths and tiers going forward, all gear is going to remain relevant within the tiers that they exist. So from a progression standpoint, as you achieve access to different types of tiers, those gears are still going to have relevancy within that tier. – Steven Sharif
- Certain higher-end weapons and armor will have active abilities, but the intention is that these abilities will not radically redefine the way an archetype is played.
- Active skills that do get associated with certain types of pieces of armor and/or weapons: those will be much on the higher-end if they're an active ability that comes with those things. But I still don't think that the intended impact of those types of abilities is for us to radically redefine the way a particular archetype might play. – Steven Sharif
- Gear is acquired from a number of different sources, such as quests, drops, crafting, legendary bosses, guild-oriented tasks, favor, and unique currencies.
- Players may access their gear and other completed items in warehouses at any node, regardless of citizenship or housing ownership.
- Q: Could you explain in detail what you mean by 50% of player power when talking about gear influence on player power?
- A: That's just a general allocation of what players can expect to pursue when enhancing their player character power. Now obviously, the distribution and ratio of those types of influences, whether it be itemization, whether it be level, whether it be, augments choices, and/or skill tree choices: those influences and ratios change through the leveling curve. So, at lower levels your character level is going to be more influential over character power than itemization will be, but at endgame or higher levels, or at the end of the adventuring level progression, that's when itemization really gets an emphasis for its ratio of player power. – Steven Sharif
List of weapons
- Each type of weapon has its own skill tree that grants passive skills and proc effects and other status conditions.
- The weapon use combo system determines special effects that proc based on weapon progression.
- Ancillary effects proc based on enchantment types.
- Gear enhancements (power stones) can be applied to add elemental or energy types of damage.
- Dual wielded weapons will have its own progression based on weapon type.
- Weapon proficiency (based on length of use of a weapon) is not a planned feature.
- Q: Are weapons balanced towards a proficiency system (i.e. the longer I use a sword, the better my damage will be), or will it be a normal RPG stat system with no long-term scaling?
- A: We will not be using a proficiency system as described, but players will have passives available in their skill tree that will increase effectiveness of certain weapons. Becoming a master of swords will be something that is possible, just not in that particular manner. – Sarah Flanagan
Ashes of Creation is all about providing many progression paths... The reason why we don't like the term endgame is because with the amount of progression that's available with the amount of diversity and player agency that impacts the world... We want the weapon system [to] add an element of that as well... You can determine special effects that proc from currently the combo system; you can determine ancillary effects that proc based on enchantment types; you can power stone weapons to add different either elemental types of damage and/or energy that play rock-paper-scissor with player defenses ... and then you can skill tree out how those effects that are granted ... you can make them better you can branch them off into a different direction. – Steven Sharif
Weapon skill tree
Weapon skills grant passive skills and proc effects and other status conditions rather than usable skills on a player's action bar. The more skill points that are allocated to the weapon tree, the greater a player's weapon familiarity. This influences things like the number of attacks, attack speed, and increased chances of proc effects from carrying out basic attacks with that weapon. These procs may offer synergy with the player's active skills. This synergy also applies to active skills from other characters.
- The weapon use combo system determines special effects that proc based on weapon progression.
- These procs may reduce or reset cooldowns on other skills on the player's hotbar.
- Certain rotations can ensure the best chance of triggering a weapon proc, but there is no reliable way to ensure that proc activates.
- Weapon progression such as set bonuses may change at what level any proc effects occur.
- Our approach is not going to be providing skills through weapons. It's going to be providing skills through classes. – Steven Sharif
- Players can spec into weapon skills on their weapon skill tree (also referred to as Combat skills, and Combat tree) based on their preferred weapon types and the grade of the weapon.
- Let's say a dagger has some slashing effects that bleed the target or that cripple the target... Every time you attack you have a chance to proc that effect. That effect then can synergize with what your active skills tree has available to it. So let's say your backstab deals 30 additional damage to a bleeding target. If you attack with your main weapon first and the target gets the bleed proc off and you do your backstab skill then you're synergizing your effects. – Steven Sharif
- Let's say backstab that you can apply to deals damage to the target and it'll have a conditional modifier on that damage if you're behind the target, and it'll have a conditional modifier deal additional 50 damage if the target is under a bleed effect. So you want to synergize essentially your weapon proc conditions with your active skills so that you're timing your certain active skills appropriately with the status conditions that the target has taken. – Steven Sharif
- Certain higher-end weapons have active abilities, but the intention is that these abilities will not radically redefine the way an archetype is played.
Classes of weapons
- Players can select which weapon they wish to use as their primary weapon for basic attacks.
- Different weapon types have different basic attacks.
- Weapons with projectile attacks are capable of blind firing without having a target.
- When you have your weapon and you utilize a basic attack, you can blind fire that weapon, if it has a projectile associated with it, without having to have a target. In addition, if your reticle in action camera mode is over a target, you will have a soft target lock and projectiles will home to that target if within the right angle of direction. – Steven Sharif
- Sequences of basic attacks trigger the combat animation montage based on the weapon type.
- The developers are considering per-use consumables/buffs that apply certain rider effects to basic weapon attacks.
|Skill||Icon||Rank 1||Rank 2||Rank 3|
|Longbow basic attack||A slower, powerful, longer range basic ranged attack. Tapping the basic attack button will shoot normally. Holding the basic attack button will charge the shot (and root the player) to cause added damage.|
|Shortbow basic attack||A fast, low power, short range basic ranged attack. Holding down the basic attack button will repeatedly fire.|
Weapon use combo system
A weapon use combo system (also referred to as Weapon attack combo, Weapon combo, Combo system, and Weapon use ability) is utilized instead of a traditional auto-attack ability in Ashes of Creation.
- The combo system consists of a sequence of combat animations based on the weapon type, referred to as a combat animation montage.
- Let's say for example you're using a two-handed warhammer or something and you have a number of weapon combos that play animation style based on how many combos deep you go into an attack with that warhammer. So the first is going to be like a forward swing. Second is going to be a back swing. The third is going to be swing down and the fourth is going to be some twirl that you do; and that's what we call the combo animation montage. – Steven Sharif
- This system plays heavily into the weapon skill trees, which are planned for Alpha-2 and beyond.
- The way that the weapon skill tree works is that at different stages of that combat montage you have available procs that can occur. The first swing might be a small stagger that decreases your opponent's accuracy by 15, that could be a proc that you could that you could spec into that decrease in accuracy- might be a status condition called stagger or bewildered or whatever- and that might exist for three or four seconds. Your second option from a skill tree perspective might be on the swing back. You have some type of tapering slow effect that lasts over three seconds- some type of tapering snare; and then the third step strike down might be some potential one second stun status modifier; and each of these you can spec into additional points to increase the chance that these proc. – Steven Sharif
- Depending on what your class skill choice has been those are going to have synergy effects with the weapon skill tree. So my skill called spin-to-win might do 30 additional damage on a staggered target. So I see when my proc occurs with the stagger effect on my first swing, like for me as a player I might be only interested in landing that first swing, so every now and then I'm gonna swing once and then I'm gonna use a skill and then I'm gonna come back and swing again because that'll play my first swing montage, because it's been interrupted. So I won't move to the second one because I'm really just wanna hit that stagger effect. So that's going to be how my rotation lines up. However I might have some skill that on a stun target it might be an immediate cast and it's like some power you push or power hit; and that does- it knocks back a stun target. So if the target's stunned when this skill plays, it has an added effect of knock down and now they're gonna get knocked down for an additional two seconds. Now I might spec into that and as a result I want to finish through: swing, swing, and then knock down. So I get my chance at stunning that target with that weapon skill. – Steven Sharif
- Weapon progression such as set bonuses may change at what level any proc effects occur and therefore enable different combo rotations.
- You may have items or set bonuses that change at what level those proc occurs. So I may have a full set of battle armor that changes all third hit combo procs to second hit requirements and now I have a chance not only on my second hit to land that tapering slow but I also have a chance to land my one second stun proc because I have the full set that changes my weapon progression. So that's the way itemization works with your weapon skill tree, is you can enhance when those weapon skill trees become available in your combat montage and that can be a relevant factor in how your skill rotations come to play; and mixes with your weapon attacks.
- Weapon skill choices and rotations will vary based on whether the player is more focused on Pvp or PvE.
- Right now some people might just say, "I don't care at all about my weapon attacks. I'm not going to invest a lot of points into that. And if I do, it's going to be primarily PvE focused where I'm more comfortable using just swinging my weapon, and I may not use them as much in PvP. I'm just going to be focused on skill rotations." That's okay, but the reason for those skill montages- back to your question- is they have a very relevant role in when certain procs come online from a weapons skill tree perspective. – Steven Sharif
- Using a skill/ability other than a basic attack will in general reset the combo.
- The developers are considering specific abilities that might be able to be used without resetting the combo system.
- It acts similar in the sense of the core loop of what an auto attack is so to speak; where typically your other skills have a cooldown period, they have a rotation or whatever: Our combo system is a repeatable skill effect that you can continually attack with but it's a little bit more involved than what a traditional auto attack is; and it has components from a from an advancement standpoint when it comes to the types of procs that your weapon can have during that combo system... It's not going to have the quick time event that you guys saw early on in PAX and gave great feedback on, but it is going to have development with regards to the power of the weapon the type of weapon you're using, the additional proc effects that you can skill into: Those types of things are going to make it a little bit more complex of a system capture. – Steven Sharif
- Light weapons have fewer restrictions on player agency and motion.
- Medium weapons exist on a spectrum between light and heavy weapons.
- Heavy weapons will increasingly lock the player in place during portions of the combat animation.
- There is a balance between player motion and agency as we call it and weapon weightedness- that almost locked-in-place rooted position- the heavier the weapon is, the more restrictions you want to place on that player agency to showcase the rooted effect: That weight- that heavyweight aspect; and so what we've done by presenting you guys with both the dual daggers and the two-handed weapon is we've shown the range between that complete player agency: a player agency in the light weapon attacks that's the dual daggers, and the maximum range of of rootedness or weightedness that's present on the two-handed weapon; and that's the spectrum in which our basic melee combat will exist within. So if there are medium weapon groups that exist in-between there, it's going to be somewhere in between that spectrum. – Steven Sharif
Hybrid combat refers to the choice between tab and action combat in Ashes of Creation. A toggle button (default Z, but can be re-bound to another key) allows the player to switch between action and tab combat modes.
- The action mode camera is tied to the to the player's reticle (crosshair).
- Targeted skills require either a soft or hard locked target.
- Soft locking is when the reticle moves over a valid target while in action mode. The targeting plate will appear slightly grayed out to indicate that this is a soft-lock target. If the reticle moves away from the target or the target moves away from the reticle, the target is lost.
- Hard locking is when the player uses right-mouse on a soft-locked target in action mode, or when the player selects a valid target in tab mode. The targeting plate will not be grayed-out to indicate that a hard-lock target is selected. Unlike soft locking, if the target moves out of the reticle, the target is not lost. Tab will still cycle between hard-locked targets in action mode based on proximity priority.
- Templated skills allow "blind firing" without a target while in action mode. If an entity moves into the path of the attack they can be struck.
- Q: Is the development team moving away from action combat, or is action combat more prevalent with the melee classes, and the healing/range classes are more tab-target other than AoE spells?
- A: We have not moved away from our hybrid approach to the development of Ashes of Creation's combat; and specifically to reiterate: that approach is incorporating elements of skill shots, fast and reactive gameplay that is situationally relevant, and incorporates the camera mode of both tab-targeting as well as action combat reticle. That's something that is still in progress. We haven't moved away from that however. To note, our approach of that hybridization is going to incorporate things like templated skill-shots, directionally relevant activated abilities, along with the ability to dodge to roll projectiles that can impact collision. Those are elements of action combat that are present. – Steven Sharif
- Skill progressions, skill point allocation is determined by the player. The player will be able to choose either more tab-target oriented skills or more action-based skills and customize their playable experience to what accommodates their preference. From a balancing standpoint for us developers, we need to make sure that certain abilities house certain functions so that there's a balance between skill shots and tab-target abilities. – Steven Sharif
- Targeted skills will be greyed out if the target is not within a valid range but templated skills will generally require the player to assess the correct range for the skill.
- Different ranks of the same skill can change the skill from tab to action or vice-versa.
- Variables will change based on which version of a skill is chosen.
- It may not be possible to be able to fully spec into just action or tab targeted skills. There might be a 75% cap on choosing skills from any one type.
- For the purposes of balance, certain skill types will be either tab or action oriented skills.
- As an example: Let's say you're playing a ranged class. You could have an action-oriented power shot in your skill tree or you could have a single target power shot that ramps up and does more damage. – Steven Sharif
Forward attack cone (cleaving)
Class weapons and armor
- Weapons are intended to be somewhat agnostic in the sense that you can find a way for a weapon to be utilized by different classes. Not just the rogue is going to be able to use daggers. Because if you restrict equipment through that, it makes the economy more difficult to have sustainability across the market of items. – Steven Sharif
- Q: We had stated that we were going to allow people to use any class combination, which would be both your archetypes together, being able to use any weapon. Do we see problems that could occur with that, for instance like a bow tank, or an orb tank or things like- will there be some strangeness there, or are there problems that you first are foreseeing in the future?
- A: We're giving a lot of flexibility to the crafters in our game. They get to help define the stat block that a particular item, weapon, or gear has; and that stat block can be relevant to any particular class or archetype combination. So in that sense the idea is, no not to see any strangeness there or not to see any elements that would dissuade a person from that customization perspective. – Steven Sharif
Racial weapons and armor
- The customization of equipment per race is really focused on Armor sets not Weapon props. Weapon props will, from a model standpoint, will translate pretty one-to-one across the races. – Steven Sharif
- Racial appearance of gear is focused on Armatura. Armi will not change in appearance but will scale in size based on race.
- Let's say for example you have the Eagle set or something, right: The Eagle set has in art, it has a thematic design that's going to include certain attachments to the armor. It's going to include color palette and theme. It's going to have some aspects to it that define it as the Eagle set, right. When a Elf wears the Eagle set or when an Orc wears the Eagle set, you obviously have two different cultures there; and you don't want to stomp out that culture by assigning a de facto 'This is the Eagle set and this is how it looks on everybody.' What we want to have is cultural influences play a role in showing how that set looks. – Steven Sharif
- When you say, what if I'm an Orc but want to look like an Elf and I want my Eagle set to be the Elf representation? Well the issue becomes there that Orcs have a different organic model. You know, their body is different than that of the Elf. So, from a scope-creep standpoint, it's one thing to add different influences that represent the cultures that are donning the armor; it's another thing to adapt each influence as a matrix that can be worn pretty much by everything. From a scope perspective, that's a very difficult task for the character artists to tackle. So instead what we've done is, in order to facilitate a variety of cultural representation between the races but allow for the sharing of assets like different armor sets, we give different representations of those armor sets to each race. – Steven Sharif
- 3 Back slots.
- 3 Belt slots.
- 8 Armatura slots.
- 5 Jewelry slots.
- 1 Undergarment slot is used to equip artisan gear.
- There may be a specific slot for musical instruments, but this has not been finalized yet.
- Previously it was stated there were 16 gear slots.
Items on back and belt
- Players can set the appearance priority for the items they wish to show in their Back and Belt slots. Only one item can show at a time, and that is determined by player choice.
- There'll be a priority system behind that that'll determine... do I show the Bow if the Greatsword is unequipped or do I show the Polearm if the Greatsword is unequipped. – Jeffrey Bard
- Some ranged or melee abilities require a specific weapon to be equipped. Weapons that are equipped in the character's ranged or offhand slots will automatically swap in and out as required by the skill.
- Characters performing ranged abilities will switch to the ranged weapon, then can switch back to the melee weapon and shield or two-handed melee weapon.
- There will be a setting to determine if the ranged weapon or main/offhand is the primary weapon to use for Q or left-mouse-button basic attacks.
- Rangers do not have a minimum distance requirement for using their ranged weapons. Previously rangers were intended to have a minimum distance requirement.
- Dual weapons are treated as single items that when equipped will occupy both main and off-hand gear slots.
- There is a limited selection of weapons that can be dual wielded.
- Shields cannot be dual wielded.
- Great swords probably can't be dual wielded.
- Q: How will animations work while dual wielding weapons of A) a different type, for example an axe and a dagger; or B) different weapon speeds?
- A: Dual weapons will have their own animation sets; and... there will be a limited selection of which weapons can be dual weapons. Players will make that selection. They'll create those dual weapons as as bespoke single items that when equipped will occupy both the main and offhand; and then how we handle the attack speeds is we offer animations at a particular speed and then we adjust that with a modifier based on whatever is influencing that: either increase or slow down in speed. – Steven Sharif
- It is possible to store and swap gear loadouts with a single hotkey button press when out of combat.
- There will be a loadout system that you can use in your inventory to help manage those different types of set that you can customize. So you can do a simple hotkey press and be able to swap your armors, out of combat of course, with a single button click. – Steven Sharif
- Weapon swapping is possible while in combat but armor cannot be swapped while in combat.
- You may not swap armor when you're in combat, but you may swap your weapons; and there's obviously a few reasons of why this can be important: We're a itemization agnostic class design, so players equip with items that there are most necessary based on the adversary or the challenge that they're facing; and so we want that to be available for players to swap with weapons. – Steven Sharif
Guns and gunpowder
- Navi will utilize a larger form of potion launcher in place of canons. These canons will be able to be equipped with different potions that have different effects.
- I previously said there was not going to be gunpowder in Ashes. What there will be is something very similar to gunpowder but has a more arcane nature to it. It's not necessarily going to be explainable through the conventional means of chemistry, metallurgy, and physics and what not, but rather the Essence is the core component of many types of magic, one of which is obviously going to be evocation type magic; and that evocation can have some explosive tendencies. – Steven Sharif
As we said in the past, were not really about that black powder life. Instead it's really going to be focused on the arcane arts: The elements; the use of radiance and darkness; and then those being employed in larger weaponry, such as the type of siege weaponry between ship battles as well as those and sieges. A potion launcher is an example of the arcane energies that can be mastered in order to facilitate these highly destructive alchemical blends that can be created. – Steven Sharif
- There will be projectile-based weapons that require leading the target and predicting the movement of the opponent.
- There are faster projectile weapons that have shorter flight times and thus require less prediction, such as harpoons, which impacts a target within within one or two seconds.
- Potion launchers are used in place of canons on ships. These fire slower projectiles that can take upwards of three to five seconds to impact, depending on the angle of the firing.
We are very likely going to have a rune system and then we'll have the ability to sort of enchant weapons outside of that too... That's not always going to be like a vertical progression... Some of it's going to be giving up something to get something else; so maybe I do less physical damage but more magical damage, that thing. – Jeffrey Bard
- Progressione in various Pvp systems will unlock enchantment stones that grant temporary PvP-focused benefits to gear (via a socketing system). Performance is measured over six month PvP seasons.
It's not as though you're going to necessarily acquire these once and then you're set for your PvP enchantments, but instead you'll have to continually perform month after month in order to keep having those slotted enchantments. – Steven Sharif
- You don't really push a particular item's level requirement or the identity of that item. You can enhance it, you can add enchantments to it, but it's still the item it is. – Steven Sharif
There is a small RNG chance of looting rare and legendary items or crafting materials from mobs based on the level, status and type of mob. This also applies to harvesting resources with a gathering profession.
- There is a much higher chance that materials and unique recipes are dropped that can be used to craft items of equitable value.
- Legendary equipment is only dropped by Legendary world bosses.
- Legendary equipment will have a roughly 6-12% improvement in base stats, subject to testing and balancing.
At each stage from Gatherer to Processor to Crafter you are required to have certain prerequisites before those elite types of materials can be essentially gathered, processed, or crafted. – Steven Sharif
- Gatherers must have high quality tools to gather rare resources.
- Processors must have high tier processing buildings on their freehold to produce rare materials.
- Crafters must also satisfy certain prerequisites to craft legendary equipment.
The amount of effort needed and interdependencies across the different types of players – between raiders and PvPers and crafters and even role players and the taverns and businesses: the processors and gatherers – all of those systems will likely have a component that lends toward creating or crafting that legendary item... We want to stay away from the highly RNGd system, and instead take our multiple progression paths that we are offering the players and put the construction components for achieving these legendary items within them so it encourages communities to work together because it's going to be difficult for just one person by themselves to gather everything. Not to say that they couldn't in an economic sense, by buying those components, that's possible. But achieving them from a time investment standpoint we want it to be considerably less RNG focussed. – Steven Sharif
- If the player character leaves the server then the item will become available for acquisition through whatever means it was acquired previously.
There are absolutely legendary items and they're not items that are attained easily nor are they granted out in a volume. There might even be items that are single items that will exist on the server at any given time.
It will be a very ornate and detailed weapon, more so than any other weapon or piece of equipment in the game. It will also include some awesome looking effects that won't too gaudy, they won't be too bright and shiny so that it doesn't look good, but they will be subtle and people will notice it and know wow that guy has this weapon. – Steven Sharif
Legendary items are not intended to be temporary.
The fact there is only one of them... or very very few of them depending on what it is. I think that in and of itself is a balance component right and you need to make sure that the players who are striving for those legendary things and who are devoting the time energy, resources in order to achieve them are accurately rewarded... We do not intend on having legendary items that are temporary. – Steven Sharif
- Q: How often will armor be part of an entire armor set with other cosmetically matching pieces versus unique armor pieces that don't match or go along with anything else in the game?
- A: There is a balance of both set pieces and non-set pieces and usually you're going to see at higher grades within a tier are going to be more predominantly set driven; and the lower interstitial power levels of the gear for that tier are the potentially bespoke pieces; and obviously those pieces are catered around a number of different interactions, such as ones you get from quests, ones that you get from drops, ones that you can craft, ones that you get from legendary bosses, ones that you get from guild-oriented tasks, or in-game favor and unique currencies. So there's different types of acquisition models and each of them has a spattering of either bespoke pieces or set-oriented pieces; and there are even varying levels of set pieces as well. So you might have a full eight piece set, or a three-piece set, or a five piece set, depending on where it lives within the tier. – Steven Sharif
- Players gain bonuses depending on the number and tier of pieces they have equipped.
- An overarching set effect is granted to wearers of exclusively one "type" of armor, for example: all cloth, or all plate.
- There may be set bonuses that members of certain communities will obtain based on gear set type.
- Set bonuses will not provide new abilities, but certain higher-end weapons and armor will have active abilities, but the intention is that these abilities will not radically redefine the way an archetype is played.
- It will be possible to store and swap gear loadouts with a single button press when out of combat.
- Approximately 49 unique gear sets were obtainable in Alpha-1 from crafting, quests, drops and exploration. These were unique sets with different stats, but some may be similar in appearance.
- Certain set bonuses may trade off core gear stats.
- There are passive abilities that can be chosen to become more adept with certain set types.
- There will be viable non-set builds.
Best in slot weapons
- Crafted items are best-in-slot in Ashes of Creation. Previously it was stated that crafted items will be on-par with best-in-slot items.
- Instanced content will contain scripted and difficult boss fights that drop gear, but the gear drops will not be best-in-slot. These can only be found in the open world.
- There will not be "oversized" weapons.
- Armor will not be overly sexual in appearance.
- I'm more of the mind that it wouldn't really serve a purpose to have bikini plate armor, just in like reality, if you're going to have armor, it should be protective. I think from a fashion statement is enjoyable for some people, but it's a an immersive issue. – Steven Sharif
- Some armor and costumes will be more revealing than others, but there will not be nudity in the game.
Each race is getting its custom geo pieces, which then will share thematic components such as color palette, attachments, design filigree. Those types of things will get shared across the geo but generally you're going to see unique races with unique geo. – Steven Sharif
- Cosmetici can be used by all races but there may be slight variations to make them work with the body builds of each race.
- There are rules when applying cosmetics to specific items, unlike costumes, which don't have level restrictions.
- Cosmetic slots can be toggled on or off on their character by the player.
- A "default player appearance" may be automatically applied during sieges or other large scale battles to improve client-side performance.
- Cosmetics, whether purchased from the shop or earned in game, are an important component of MMORPGS I personally enjoy; and there's a lot of collectors out there who spend a great deal of time either in-game achieving these things or spend money purchasing them from the cosmetic only marketplace; and we don't want to demean or reduce that achievement or that expenditure. So it's going to be situational where the default appearance will be applied and can be activated. – Steven Sharif
Kickstarter weapon skins
- Usable on all types of weapons.
- Include subtle and tasteful glow/particle effects.
- Classi with a Summoner secondary may grant augmented skills that summon weapons. These summoned weapons are not able to be equipped.
- The word "equip" only applies to items. There are currently no plans to include summoning items into a player's inventory or character slots. It may however be possible to change the appearance and damage type/data of a weapon through the use of a spell.
- There are summoned weapons that appear as a spell VFX to damage opponents for a period of time. These will not be able to be wielded, since weilding implies an item in a character equipment slot.
2022-10-02 2022-07-06 2022-06-30 2022-06-29 2022-05-16 2020-12-31 2019-06-30
- Twitter - We have created more Carphin weaponry!
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2022-09-30 (53:15).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-06-30 (27:05).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2022-09-30 (43:45).
- Video, 2022-09-30 (24:49).
- Colloquio, 2021-02-07 (49:18).
- Colloquio, 2020-07-18 (1:07:51).
- Colloquio, 2020-07-19 (53:59).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2020-01-30 (1:28:40).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2022-09-30 (49:16).
- Podcast, 2021-09-29 (40:50).
- Colloquio, 2018-05-11 (16:32).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2022-09-30 (46:17).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2023-07-28 (1:20:53).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2022-09-30 (1:05:25).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2022-10-14 (18:34).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-05-24 (14:15).
- Video, 2020-03-23 (0:41).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-07-28 (45:21).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2018-05-04 (33:27).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2019-09-27 (1:06:44).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-05-24 (18:40).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-12-15 (59:49).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2023-02-24 (1:05:54).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2019-05-30 (58:28).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2018-05-04 (33:56).
- Podcast, 2021-09-29 (56:50).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2018-05-04 (54:58).
- Twitter - Gear reveal.
- Colloquio, 2023-07-09 (1:38:34).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2023-10-31 (1:36:15).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2018-05-04 (45:37).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2021-06-25 (1:33:58).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2020-11-30 (54:29).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-11-17 (22:33).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2021-07-30 (1:16:05).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2023-09-29 (1:15:47).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2023-07-28 (1:22:48).
- Colloquio, 2023-09-10 (47:13).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2021-04-30 (53:08).
- Colloquio, 2018-10-20 (2:53:52).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2018-05-04 (45:37).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2022-06-30 (1:12:38).
- Podcast, 2021-09-29 (47:57).
- February 8, 2019 - Questions and Answers.
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2018-06-04 (1:11:19).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2021-06-25 (1:29:39).
- Twitter - What’s your go-to weapon?
- Colloquio, 2023-07-09 (1:14:09).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2022-12-02 (56:09).
- Colloquio, 2020-07-29 (55:44).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2020-02-28 (1:10:21).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2023-05-31 (1:12:58).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2022-09-30 (1:13:23).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2021-08-27 (1:04:30).
- Video, 2023-08-31 (45:06).
- Video, 2023-04-28 (14:55).
- Video, 2022-09-30 (19:32).
- Video, 2022-09-30 (10:44).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2023-04-28 (55:55).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2022-09-30 (26:42).
- Video, 2023-04-28 (15:35).
- Twitter - Take a look at our new basic weapon attack combos!
- Video, 2023-04-28 (16:35).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2018-01-18 (22:46).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2021-09-24 (1:19:17).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2022-10-28 (1:29:48).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2022-06-30 (46:30).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2022-06-30 (42:29).
- Video, 2022-09-30 (17:03).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2023-04-28 (53:58).
- Video, 2023-05-31 (11:20).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2023-04-07 (49:45).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2021-08-27 (1:16:04).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2021-06-25 (22:34).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-11-16 (30:45).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2021-06-25 (27:43).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2020-08-28 (1:15:39).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2020-04-30 (1:09:51).
- Video, 2022-09-30 (17:00).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2021-03-26 (59:21).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2021-06-25 (26:11).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2022-09-30 (52:33).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2022-09-30 (48:10).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2023-08-31 (2:22:01).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2022-09-30 (41:06).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2018-04-8 (PM) (37:57).
- Podcast, 2018-08-04 (1:07:59).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2023-01-27 (1:11:07).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2020-08-28 (1:12:50).
- Podcast, 2018-08-04 (1:11:05).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2018-02-09 (47:05).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2022-06-30 (55:31).
- Video, 2020-09-30 (2:44).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2020-09-30 (47:47).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2019-07-26 (54:06).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2022-03-31 (4:57).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-05-26 (44:11).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-05-26 (20:46).
- Podcast, 2018-08-04 (53:43).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2022-10-28 (1:41:06).
- Podcast, 2018-08-04 (55:17).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2023-02-24 (46:15).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2023-04-28 (1:08:55).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2023-05-31 (48:11).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-07-28 (24:54).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2018-02-09 (7:31).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-07-28 (31:30).
- Alpha-1 screenshot.
- Alpha-1 screenshot.
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2022-06-30 (1:17:34).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2023-09-29 (1:08:25).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2018-06-04 (19:48).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-09-03 (48:56).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2022-01-28 (39:30).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-06-30 (47:14).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2022-12-02 (1:12:19).
- Video, 2023-07-28 (23:28).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2020-01-30 (35:12).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-06-16 (40:06).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-07-28 (33:36).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2023-04-28 (39:06).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2021-11-19 (40:53).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2023-04-28 (51:16).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2022-09-30 (51:09).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-07-28 (34:32).
- Colloquio, 2020-07-18 (1:03:45).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2019-05-30 (1:15:58).
- Ashes of Creation Store: The Gilded Galleon.
- Podcast, 2020-11-15 (22:22).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-06-16 (43:01).
- Colloquio, 2018-08-17 (17:57).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2022-10-28 (1:37:22).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2018-06-04 (21:37).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2021-03-26 (1:15:57).
- Colloquio, 2020-07-18 (14:22).
- Colloquio, 2020-07-18 (16:34).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2022-05-27 (1:20:00).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-05-26 (51:37).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-05-17 (58:55).
- Alpha-1 screenshot.
- Alpha-1 screenshot.
- Alpha-1 screenshot.
- Alpha-1 screenshot.
- Alpha-2 screenshot.
- Alpha-1 screenshot.
- Colloquio, 2020-07-18 (1:00:15).
- Colloquio, 2020-07-19 (8:43).
- Colloquio, 2020-07-20 (21:57).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2018-04-8 (PM) (55:49).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2020-07-25 (46:08).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2021-03-26 (1:02:06).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2022-03-31 (1:15:02).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-05-15 (38:08).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2018-07-09 (25:34).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2018-04-8 (PM) (51:49).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-05-19 (44:18).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2023-06-30 (1:30:40).
- Video, 2023-01-27 (45:46).
- Colloquio, 2020-07-18 (1:02:08).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2021-04-30 (41:18).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-11-17 (56:07).
- Colloquio, 2023-07-09 (1:43:38).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2020-05-29 (1:33:11).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2022-06-30 (1:18:55).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-05-10 (14:45).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2022-03-31 (1:19:41).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2020-05-29 (50:20).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-05-26 (19:51).
- Reddit Q&A, 2019-01-8.
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2021-12-23 (1:34:07).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2021-09-24 (1:25:27).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-07-18 (54:56).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-07-28 (9:47).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2020-10-30 (1:13:22).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2020-11-30 (1:05:22).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-05-24 (24:19).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2023-05-31 (58:37).
- Colloquio, 2018-08-24 (5:28).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2020-11-30 (57:50).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2018-02-09 (50:29).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2020-07-25 (54:10).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2019-11-22 (1:08:05).
- May The 4th, Be With You... And also some skins.
- Colloquio, 2023-07-09 (1:08:13).