The current policy on multi-boxing (multi client) is that players are allowed to own multiple accounts, but may not launch multiple game clients from the same computer. Players may not use any software to automate character actions or mimic keystrokes.
- This was previously stated to be: If a user has a legitimate account and is not botting or using complex scripting then multi-boxing will be permitted.
Multiple accounts and multi-boxing, that's a little bit difficult for me because it could be conceived as pay-to-win, because you can progress on a second character and you can then gift that progression to your primary character. In that scenario yes I can see the argument. However if the character progresses with the same amount of effort and time needed by the person who's playing and they maintain that progression on that character, then I don't consider it pay-to-win. I consider it a second account. So initially what I'm going to say is having multi-boxing capability will be allowed within Ashes of Creation. There are a few safety nets that I put in place that kind of restrict the ability for abuses that we've seen in other games. – Steven Sharif
The issue with macros is that from an anti cheat metric perspective it's difficult to define what a macro is against a script. And in order to catch all scripts sometimes you have to prevent the macro usage. So really that's a that's a data issue. If we allow for macros then we lose our ability to precisely ban script users, botters. – Steven Sharif
- These systems collect user data and flag abnormal activities for inspection. This combined with player reporting functions generates a live "heat map" that draws attention to unusual behavior.
- Players caught cheating will be banned.
We're going to have a UI... you're gonna put the resources in or they're gonna put the resources in. It'll be like an escrow system and then once [the job] is complete you'll get the item they'll get the money.
Gli addons non saranno permessi, in generale.
- Gli sviluppatori non vogliono che addons/mods siano necessari per godersi il gioco.
- Gli sviluppatori credono che i "parsers" (misuratori del DPS) possano avere effetti negativi.
- Il design dell'API del gioco è ancora in fase di considerazione.
- Ci saranno integrazoni disponibili per servizi di streaming come Twitch ed altri, ma non è un qualcosa che verrà già mostrato tramite un'API.
Avremo un sacco di customizzazione presente nel gioco sia per quanto riguarda l'UI che per altri diversi punti che saranno naturalmente nel gioco, ma non vogliamo ancora aprire il gioco alle mods. Questa è una decisone che potrebbe cambiare in futuro, ma non è pianificata per l'uscita. – Steven Sharif
- There will be a standard escalation system, where different actions are taken based on the seriousness of each infraction. Actions could range anywhere from being stripped (of the illegitimate items or currency) to being banned for a period of time, or being permanently banned.
The direction that I'm taking Intrepid as a company in is that a significant portion of the revenue created by the game goes into not only creating additional content and updates for the game but also goes into I think caretaking, as I like to call it; and that caretaking is multiple things: It's having active and present GM's on servers. It's having a an interacting community team that is always present and on-call for participating in forum discussions and streams and updates. – Steven Sharif
Following a standard approach to an escalation system where certain infractions are immediate and automatic bans and some infractions provide a path forward where action is taken that might ban the account or strip the account or provide some chat bans or the ability to play over a week or so... If you buy gold and depending on the the seriousness of the infraction you could go anywhere from being stripped and to being banned for a period of time to being permanently banned. – Steven Sharif
- Ashes of Creation Forums - Poll + Bonus Dev Discussion - Multiboxing.
- Livestream, 2020-07-25 (48:28).
- Livestream, 2017-05-05 (22:39).
- Interview, 2018-08-08 (27:53).
- Livestream, 2017-11-17 (38:35).
- Massively OP, 1 June 2017
- Livestream, 2018-02-09 (20:40).
- Interview, 2018-08-21 (40:44).
- Livestream, 2017-05-05 (32:22).
- Livestream, 2017-05-05 (20:02).
- Interview, 2018-10-20 (6:29).
- Livestream, 2017-05-05 (43:27).
- Livestream, 2017-05-05 (21:41).
- Interview, 2018-05-11 (49:03).
- Interview, 2020-07-08 (48:30).