- Starting areas are located near one of the four divine gateways where players spawn into the world.
- Each race has its own starting area.
- Starting areas include expeditionary NPC settlements that serve as initial quest origination points. Lore-wise, these settlements represent scouts that were sent ahead of the main expedition back to Verra.
A problem that a lot of MMOs have is that those starting areas become just kind of vacant of players and it's so sad because the greatest aspect of an MMO is that community that you get to experience, so one of the great things about the node system is that it really works from new player acquisition standpoint, where these nodes tend to develop larger near the starting location areas around the world; and it brings these players back to those locations if they're citizens and want services within those cities. So, as new players enter the world they're going to actually be surrounded most likely by more population because people are coming back to those larger nodes. – Steven Sharif
- Divine gateways are where players first arrive in Ceneri della creazione.
- Players can choose their starting gateway. This choice is not restricted by their choice of race.
Where players start, they enter this portal from another world called Sanctus. Sanctus is a place of no magic, low technology; and players are the first expeditioners that are coming through this portal into the world of Verra. – Jeffrey Bard
Tulnar starting area
- Punti di interesse exist that represent Tulnar NPC structures in a similar fashion to the starting areas around divine gateways.
- There will be a mentorship program where upper-level players are able to benefit from partying and/or helping lower level players; and getting them situated in the game.
There will be activities that are present for higher level players to mentor lower level players. Let's say you have a friend who joins later on and you still want to do things with them, there will be things to do. Will you he be able to enter a dungeon of your level and participate? No, because we don't want to inflate or deflate characters and manipulate that type of skill or power. We want that to be something that makes sense for them in a progression standpoint. – Steven Sharif
- Livestream, 2020-03-28 (32:30).
- Livestream, 2020-07-25 (1:03:03).
- Livestream, 2017-10-16 (53:58).
- Livestream, 2017-05-19 (29:25).
- Livestream, 2017-07-28 (25:20).
- Video, 2018-04-05 (40:08).
- Interview, 2020-07-20 (13:33).
- Interview, 2018-04-20 (5:46).
- Livestream, 2017-05-17 (5:49).
- Interview, 2018-08-24 (8:52).
- Livestream, 2017-09-03 (33:28).