Dinamiche di gruppo
- The idea behind an 8-person group is to allow us to really amplify party roles, and to create a need for each of the archetypes in every party.
- Incursioni will have 40 man groups.
- Content will be tailored for 40, 16 and 8 person group sizes.
- Arene will have 1 man, 3 man, 5 man and possibly 20 man Free-For-All (Deathmatch) group sizes.
- Assedi del castello are expected to have at minimum 250x250 players to be on a single battlefield, with the possibility of increasing this to 500x500 over time.
- The minimum goal is 500 players on a single battlefield. I think we will be able to hit 500vs500 but we shall see. – Steven Sharif
- For those solo players who don't really care about finding a community to play with but they want to have one when they need it, there's going to be a lot of opportunities from a dialogue perspective, in-game chat options; you can join as part of citizenships: there's a lot of pseudo factions there- social organizations that give you an in to other players without the strong bonds that typically come with guild-oriented organizations; and I think that that's a comfortable medium between the two. – Steven Sharif
- Certain quest lines and hunting grounds are devoted towards solo players.
- Node citizenship and social organizations provide the ability to interact without the strong bonds that typically come with guild-oriented organizations.
- Mechanics exist within larger conflicts for small groups and solo players to impact the battle.
- This includes systems that will likely focus on single group sized participants while the larger battle is occurring.
- 1v1 matchups will have a rock-paper-scissors dynamic, where one class will be superior to another.
- There will be match ups in 1v1s where one class will be superior to another; and that application should be a rock-paper-scissors dynamic. We want there to be counter-play between the different classes... Instead it's going to be a group focused balance, where as long as you have the diversity of classes present, that's going to be an equal level playing field. It's going to be very dependent on skill and strategy. – Steven Sharif
- Alpha-2 testing will begin to focus on balancing once populations and encounters have been put in place and are deep in testing.
- From an engagement or encounter perspective, obviously we do a finger-in-the wind balance pass, but a lot of that stuff from our encounters team doesn't get done until populations are in place and those encounter designs get a little bit more time to bake. – Steven Sharif
- There are four primary groups of augments assigned to each base archetype. Balancing of augments relates to the four augment groups for each of the eight archetypes.
- Even though augments do radically change the way your active skills provide you abilities, there's still a primary focus on the base archetype itself and not the 64 whole classes. – Steven Sharif
- We're not really talking about 64 true classes, we're talking about eight classes with 64 variants... There isn't as much variance between the 64 classes as you might expect. It's not like there are 64 different versions of... radically different classes. – Jeffrey Bard
- Certain archetypes are capable of moving the gap between their counterpart per-se. If I am a Tank archetype and a Mage is my counter, I can take a Mage secondary and bridge the divide slightly; and then move my identity that direction ever so slightly. – Steven Sharif
- A market UI lists the current items available for sale in the node and in the same economic region.
- Encourage localized grouping.
- Enable posting of jobs.
- Quest sponsorship.
- Monsters drop glint, Elementi and crafting materials rather than gold.
- There is a much higher chance that materials and unique recipes are dropped that can be used to craft items of equitable value.
- There is a small RNG chance of looting rare and legendary items or crafting materials from mobs based on the level, status and type of mob. This also applies to harvesting resources with a gathering profession.
- Crafted gear is the best gear in Ashes of Creation.
- Legendary equipment is only dropped by Legendary world bosses.
- Stats on dropped items will vary based on the rarity of the item.
- Loot tables are disabled for player controlled monsters.
- Experience debt decreases the drop rate percentages from monsters.
- Loot tables will likely not be affected by weather conditions. This was previously listed as a possible effect.
- The first party to obtain a tag (on a mob or boss) will gain an approximately 5-10% edge over competing parties in terms of the total damage done when determining looting rights.
- These numbers will be balanced based on testing.
- At the end of the fight, the party with the highest damage done, including first tagging bonus, will be granted looting rights.
- We have a blended approach of damage done and a tag benefit. So if you tag the boss first, or you tag the loot- whatever the loot target is first- you're gonna get a benefit in the damage overall determination. So if you need to have 51% of damage done in order to qualify your raid, or the plurality of damage done if there's even three or four raids, then tagging first might give you a five or ten percent edge. We'll play with that number- balance it based on testing, but generally that's our approach in competing loot rights – Steven Sharif
- Q: If looting rights are based on a blended tag and damage done system, will there be any mechanics in place to ensure roles like tanks and healers have an equal shot even when they haven't dealt as much damage?
- A: That's the reason for the blended approach. The reason that we're doing a hybrid system between tag and damage done is for the purposes of those classes who may not be as DPS oriented as other classes. The tag system- all classes are going to have a sprinkling of immediate effects- of instantaneous casts and they can use that to tag a target, and that'll give them a modifier on the looting rights: So plus 10 or plus 15 will balance that, but it'll give them plus 10 to 15 on overall damage done if they tag the target and then their damage will make up the remainder of that percentage completion. So if I do 50 damage to a target but someone else has the tag I'm not going to be able to claim that looting right. They'll have done the other 50 plus 10 or 15. – Steven Sharif
- If you want to be able to get those mats from the boss, they're just not going to drop for anybody. They will only drop for a master gatherer who is capable of extracting those resources from the creature itself... The reason why we say there's a lot of interdependencies between the crafters of the world and the raiders of the world and our PvPers of the world is because we don't want to house the capability to attain these things all within the adventuring class. We want there to be an influence necessary from the craftsmen's guild to come in to either come and participate and spoil the boss and gather the goods or something along those lines. – Steven Sharif
- Group loot rules are defined on a per-rarity basis.
- A majority of party members must vote to approve any changes to group loot allocation changes.
- The developers are considering using a double-tap interaction to loot all containers within a close proximity radius.
- There won't be auto-looting pets.
- It will be possible to kick a player from a party prior to them acquiring loot.
- Yes, technically it would be possible for you to kick a player prior to acquiring loot. However, again because we are a game that relies on social interactions, there are reputations to be had; and if you acquire a reputation as a raid leader, or as a party leader, of doing something dirty like that, then it's unlikely you'll be able to Garner the support of future party members and/or raids to lead efforts against these raid bosses. – Steven Sharif
- Whoever is first to loot gets the loot.
- A master looter (or lootmaster) is a player designated by the party leader to decide how loot is distributed in a dungeon or raid party.
- This is a traditional need before greed system based on dice rolls.
- Since there is very little gear binding in Ashes of Creation, it's left to the party to deal with players who excessively roll Need on loot.
- Bidding system.
- Intrepid are investigating a potential bidding system, which allows players to bid on items instead of rolling for them.
- We have our eight base archetypes; and the trinity is a pretty strong influence with regards to the eight base classes. However the area in which we actually begin to play with that line between the trinity is in the secondary classes that you can pick. That's where we begin to blend those spaces and allow people a little bit of influence over their role and whether or not they fit perfectly within a particular category within the trinity. – Steven Sharif
- Although traditional roles are present, players should not feel branded by their primary archetype.
- Skill augments available through the class system allow characters to be personalized outside of their primary role.
- Players can also double down on their archetype choice to strengthen their primary role.
- Vie di Progressione all'interno delle alleanze.
- Le Gilde condivideranno servizi in comune coi membri delle alleanze.
- Le alleanze possono intraprendere relazioni coi nodes.
Specifici contenuti che si basano sulle alleanze ed avanzamento all'interno dello sviluppo di quella alleanza; e l'abilità di condividere alcuni servizi comuni tra le gilde che fanno parte di quella alleanza. Penso che permettere alle alleanze di intraprendere certe relazioni coi nodi come un'interazione sia positivo. Questo provvederà un'interessante dinamica per i giocatori che sono o membri di quel particolare nodo con cui viene stabilita la relazione o membri dell'alleanza. Quindi penso che costruire questi sistemi riguardi ovviamente creare i canali attraverso i quali questi giocatori possano creare legami e più strati ci sono attorno a questi canali tra le diverse gilde ed i giocatori, più sostenibile sarà quella relazione. – Steven Sharif
- Once created, the leader can invite up to three other guilds to this alliance, but this is subject to change.
- A guild may only be a member of one alliance.
- There is no member cap in an alliance, only a maximum of four guilds.
- Will the largest guilds segment off into different chapters of their guild that are part of small guilds? Absolutely that will happen; and the way that we combat the efficacy of doing that always is through how we design our encounters and our events to incorporate the use-case of where smaller guilds and their passive abilities are necessary to overcome certain challenge ratings. Will it always be most beneficial for larger guilds to do that? No, not always. It depends on what they're encountering, but you absolutely will see some guilds leveraging that for sure. – Steven Sharif
- You can only invite a number of guilds to the alliance before you must form a new alliance; and then those alliance can have a de facto friendship but they won't have any game component of connection. What the alliance system would allow is pooling of resources into by guild leaders into an alliance guild alliance bank. Will allow certain participation in different quest lines. It will allow common area chat for members and it will allow affiliations and gear that can be attained as well. – Steven Sharif
- Guilds may enter into trade agreements.
- We have a specific system that relates to being able to invite another guild into an alliance that sets a flag on those characters with regards to being able to combat them, being able to share a chat system with them, being able to participate in specific types of quests and/or alliance warehouses and guild homes; with regards to the relationship of castle sieges and participating in node warfare and node activities. If you're not in an alliance with someone, you're in a neutral state so to speak. You can have trade agreements between different guilds and then you can also have Guild Wars which shows a state of war between you guys. I think that's the baseline of how we're going to develop interaction between guilds. – Steven Sharif
- Due to the lack of fast travel, guilds will need to plan to have people in the right place at the right time. Alliances with other guilds will help enable that.
- For node sieges, citizens of the node or provincial nodes being attacked are automatically registered as defenders.
- There are many reasons to participate as an ally in the attack or defence of other nodes.
- Social bonds.
Many incentives exist that can benefit your node and yourself personally by participating in the attack or defense of cities. These range from titles, to items, to materials, to money. Additionally, aiding others may help you strengthen bonds when your assets are threatened. – Steven Sharif
- Corrupted players can be attacked regardless of other affiliations. This is something that will be tested during Alpha-2.
- Node citizenship.
There's node citizenship. There's guild. There's alliance. There's party. There's raid. There's family. All of these types of affiliations have a hierarchy. The highest of which is your node affiliation: So your citizenship is your greatest superceding relationship, which means if you were a part of a guild and the guild has multiple nodes in which its members are citizens of, if there was a war between two of those nodes, the members of those nodes would be first and foremost citizens who defend that node, even against their own guild members. – Steven Sharif
All of these things have some hierarchy; and within that hierarchy there's the ability to participate within certain systems. So for example, if you have a node that has fallen under your vassal state and you're a citizen of the parent node, then you could participate in a siege against the vassal node but if you're a citizen of the vassal node you could not participate as an attacker against the parent node; so there's a hierarchy, unless you were to renounce your citizenship. – Steven Sharif
- Group dynamics blog.
- About Ashes of Creation.
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2022-09-30 (2:40).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2020-11-30 (1:20:25).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-05-09 (34:38).
- February 8, 2019 - Questions and Answers.
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-05-26 (48:12).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2021-09-24 (52:48).
- Colloquio, 2021-07-08 (57:19).
- Colloquio, 2020-07-19 (44:28).
- Video, 2022-09-30 (23:13).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-05-08 (28:48).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2020-10-30 (33:26).
- Podcast, 2018-04-23 (59:28).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2021-05-28 (1:13:05).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2022-12-02 (1:05:51).
- Colloquio, 2018-10-20 (2:40:17).
- Podcast, 2021-09-29 (30:04).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2021-06-25 (1:05:01).
- Colloquio, 2020-07-18 (1:05:04).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2018-02-09 (41:56).
- Podcast, 2018-04-23 (1:01:01).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-10-31 (28:58).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-05-19 (33:57).
- The mighty beard!
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-05-12 (53:08).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-05-10 (35:16).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2020-07-31 (1:34:06).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-05-10 (16:37).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-10-31 (30:34).
- Video, 2023-01-27 (16:44).
- Colloquio, 2020-07-19 (8:43).
- Colloquio, 2020-07-18 (27:11).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-05-24 (44:14).
- Colloquio, 2023-09-10 (53:47).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2021-03-26 (1:07:33).
- Podcast, 2017-05-05 (43:05).
- Colloquio, 2020-07-20 (21:57).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2018-04-8 (PM) (55:49).
- Colloquio, 2020-07-18 (1:00:15).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2022-06-30 (1:18:55).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2020-07-25 (46:08).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2020-12-22 (1:15:01).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-05-03 (35:25).
- Ashes of Creation Forums - Former Lineage 2 PvP'er wanting to discuss PvP loopholes.
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2022-05-27 (1:14:46).
- Video, 2022-05-27 (2:21).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2022-03-31 (1:23:06).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2020-07-25 (1:24:56).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2022-06-30 (1:16:22).
- Podcast, 2018-08-04 (1:44:54).
- Video, 2023-01-27 (32:01).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2020-11-30 (1:01:40).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2023-01-27 (1:08:06).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2022-04-29 (1:04:52).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2023-05-31 (1:07:45).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2020-11-30 (1:12:03).
- Podcast, 2021-04-11 (13:30).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-05-22 (46:04).
- Colloquio, 2018-10-20 (2:40:16).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2022-05-27 (2:33).
- Podcast, 2018-05-11 (21:07).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2023-04-28 (1:28:14).
- Colloquio, 2018-08-08 (16:12).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2021-06-25 (1:25:55).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2021-06-25 (1:29:26).
- Colloquio, 2018-08-08 (17:13).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2019-01-11 (1:04:32).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-05-05 (23:26).
- Official Livestream - May 4th @ 3 PM PST - Q&A
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2019-03-29 (17:10).
- Colloquio, 2018-05-11 (58:07).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2022-07-29 (1:07:20).
- Trasmissione in diretta, 2017-05-15 (29:30).