- It is possible to master multiple professions (but not all) within this mastered artisan class.
- Progressione within artisan classes does not relate to a player's progression in their adventuring class.
- Choice of profession does not affect a player's stats.
Crafting and gathering is a very important component of the economy that players will have direct control over. Whether you wish to build a sprawling plantation around your house, or wish to travel the vast wilderness in search of treasure and resources.
- Gatherable resources are discovered by trial-and-error and by learning their visuals.
- Gathering requires the creation and use of tools.
- Gathering within a node's Zona di influenza (ZOI) will contribute to its experience growth.
- Certain low level gatherables will have a tiered progression into higher level crafting.
Certain low level gatherables will have a tiered progression into higher level crafting. So for example you know if I'm gathering... leaves of the blue petal flower to craft a pigment that's going to be used in the development of a tunic that I can wear at level one, then I may need to collect those in order to craft the pigments to craft a greater pigment that might be present in the in the crafting of a higher level item. So it's going to be kind of a tiered progression so that materials have relevancy throughout the different levels of of crafting; and that's important from an economic stability standpoint. You need to have layered demand from a supply standpoint so that players who are interested in collecting and gathering those materials still are relevant when the later level items are crafted. – Steven Sharif
- Progression in the gathering artisan class unlocks higher level harvesting tools that enable gathering of higher level resources.
- Tools will have durability and tool lifespans.
- Artisans will not need to rely on other trees in order to make their tools.
Tools do advance within the artisan tree, so your ability to either gather, process or craft will require the equivalent tools necessary at that stage of crafting in order to accomplish the task at hand. So, you could not mine copper and mithril with the same tool. – Steven Sharif
- Processing involves the refining of raw materials obtained from gathering and item deconstruction.
- Animal husbandry.
- Crafting stations can be located on freeholds or within nodes.
- Player-owned Taverns on freehold plots.
- Crafting requires the acquisition of recipes in order to craft items.
- Crafting stations are located on freeholds or within nodes.
There is no labor or energy system in Ashes. However, that's not to say that crafting will not be difficult. Crafting is very difficult; but it is because it is difficult that it will be very rewarding as well. – Steven Sharif
- Armor smithing
- Jewel crafting
- Ship building
- Siege weapons
- Weapon smithing
- Within a crafting recipe, there are dials (based on artisan specialization) that are used customize crafted items, such as:
I think Star Wars Galaxies had a great crafting system... The resource gathering and the crafting system altogether as a whole really was I think way beyond its time. That's kind of the direction we want to go, where there's choices to be made in the crafting system and those choices change what you end up with... It's not just about doing X recipe to get Y item. You know, there's actually thought involved in it and there is you know a market to be captured based on those decisions. – Jeffrey Bard
Le Artisan classes non permetteranno ad un character di diventare un maestro in tutto. I giocatori dovranno scegliere una strada nell'albero abilità degli artigiani per ogni personaggio. Andare in vie specifiche darà ai giocatori l'opportunità di specializzarsi in certe aree. Questo incoraggia inter-dependency tra giocatori, migliorando l'esperienza dell'artigiano.
- La scelta di profession non influenza le stats del giocatore.
- I personaggi all'interno di un singolo account (Alts) potranno avere professioni differenti.
Artisan supply chain
Artisans within Ceneri della creazione must choose a path in their artisan skill tree. This inter-dependency establishes a supply chain from raw materials to finished product. Each stage of the chain may require caravans to transport goods from one artisan to another.
- Obtaining raw materials:
- Refining the raw materials with the Elaborazione profession.
- Crafting the finished product using its crafting recipe.
As a crafter you're going to want to know where certain recipes can be fulfilled; which nodes have the capability of creating what you've processed material that you've gathered for; and then you're going to want to plan out your route to either transit the goods there or make sure that you're situated in the area so that you can go out collect and build in that area as well. So there's a lot of planning that's going to be necessary. – Steven Sharif
There is a small RNG chance of looting rare and legendary items or crafting materials from mobs based on the level, status and type of mob. This also applies to harvesting resources with a gathering profession.
- There is a much higher chance that materials and unique recipes are dropped that can be used to craft items of equitable value.
- Legendary equipment is only dropped by Legendary world bosses.
At each stage from Gatherer to Processor to Crafter you are required to have certain prerequisites before those elite types of materials can be essentially gathered, processed, or crafted. – Steven Sharif
- Gatherers must have high quality tools to gather rare resources.
- Processors must have high tier processing buildings on their freehold to produce rare materials.
- Crafters must also satisfy certain prerequisites to craft legendary equipment.
The amount of effort needed and interdependencies across the different types of players – between raiders and PvPers and crafters and even role players and the taverns and businesses: the processors and gatherers – all of those systems will likely have a component that lends toward creating or crafting that legendary item... We want to stay away from the highly RNGd system, and instead take our multiple progression paths that we are offering the players and put the construction components for achieving these legendary items within them so it encourages communities to work together because it's going to be difficult for just one person by themselves to gather everything. Not to say that they couldn't in an economic sense, by buying those components, that's possible. But achieving them from a time investment standpoint we want it to be considerably less RNG focussed. – Steven Sharif
There are absolutely legendary items and they're not items that are attained easily nor are they granted out in a volume. There might even be items that are single items that will exist on the server at any given time.
It will be a very ornate and detailed weapon, more so than any other weapon or piece of equipment in the game. It will also include some awesome looking effects that won't too gaudy, you know they won't be too bright and shiny so that it doesn't look good, but they will be subtle and people will notice it and know wow that guy has this weapon. – Steven Sharif
Legendary items are not intended to be temporary.
The fact there is only one of them... or very very few of them depending on what it is. I think that in and of itself is a balance component right and you need to make sure that the players who are striving for those legendary things and who are devoting the time energy, resources in order to achieve them are accurately rewarded... We do not intend on having legendary items that are temporary. – Steven Sharif
- Livestream, 2017-05-24 (32:07).
- Livestream, 2020-08-28 (2:05:21).
- Livestream, 2020-07-31 (1:31:11).
- Livestream, 2017-07-18 (37:25).
- About Ashes of Creation.
- Livestream, 2020-03-28 (48:31).
- Livestream, 2017-09-03 (10:48).
- Interview, 2020-03-27 (9:00).
- Interview, 2018-05-11 (38:25).
- Podcast, 2018-05-11 (1:00:07).
- Livestream, 2020-04-30 (54:33).
- Livestream, 2020-04-30 (53:11).
- Livestream, 2020-07-31 (1:05:58).
- Livestream, 2017-05-05 (34:15).
- Livestream, 2017-06-01 (24:30).
- Livestream, 2017-05-12 (1:00:18).
- Podcast, 2018-04-23 (29:56).
- Livestream, 2018-08-17 (15:14).
- Livestream, 2020-01-30 (1:38:26).
- Interview, 2020-07-19 (6:38).
- Livestream, 2017-05-24 (17:08).
- Interview, 2018-10-20 (2:31:39).
- Video, 2017-04-30 (10:07).
- Livestream, 2017-05-05 (20:41).
- Livestream, 2017-05-26 (5:25).
- Livestream, 2017-05-05 (8:22).
- Livestream, 2018-06-04 (35:11).
- Livestream, 2017-05-05 (6:12).
- Interview, 2020-07-20 (20:17).
- Livestream, 2017-05-08 (20:41).
- Livestream, 2017-07-18 (38:30).
- Livestream, 2017-05-26 (26:00).
- Interview, 2018-05-11 (24:18).
- Interview, 2020-07-18 (1:00:15).
- Interview, 2020-07-19 (8:43).
- Interview, 2020-07-20 (21:57).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (PM) (55:49).
- Livestream, 2020-07-25 (46:08).
- Livestream, 2017-05-19 (44:18).
- Livestream, 2017-05-15 (38:08).
- Livestream, 2018-07-09 (25:34).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (PM) (51:49).
- Podcast, 2018-05-11 (59:25).