Crafting and gathering is a very important component of the economy that players will have direct control over. Whether you wish to build a sprawling plantation around your house, or wish to travel the vast wilderness in search of treasure and resources.
Le Artisan classes non permetteranno ad un character di diventare un maestro in tutto. I giocatori dovranno scegliere una strada nell'albero abilità degli artigiani per ogni personaggio. Andare in vie specifiche darà ai giocatori l'opportunità di specializzarsi in certe aree. Questo incoraggia inter-dependency tra giocatori, migliorando l'esperienza dell'artigiano.
- La scelta di profession non influenza le stats del giocatore.
- I personaggi all'interno di un singolo account (Alts) potranno avere professioni differenti.
- Armor smithing
- Jewel crafting
- Ship building
- Siege weapons
- Weapon smithing
- Progression in the gathering artisan class unlocks higher level harvesting tools that enable gathering of higher level resources.
- Tools will have durability and tool lifespans.
- Tools may become non-repairable, requiring re crafting.
- Artisans will not need to rely on other trees in order to make their tools.
Tools do advance within the artisan tree, so your ability to either gather, process or craft will require the equivalent tools necessary at that stage of crafting in order to accomplish the task at hand. So, you could not mine copper and mithril with the same tool. – Steven Sharif
Artisan supply chain
Artisans within Ceneri della creazione must choose a path in their artisan skill tree. This inter-dependency establishes a supply chain from raw materials to finished product. Each stage of the chain may require caravans to transport goods from one artisan to another.
- Obtaining raw materials:
- Refining the raw materials with the Elaborazione profession.
- Crafting the finished product using its crafting recipe.
As a crafter you're going to want to know where certain recipes can be fulfilled; which nodes have the capability of creating what you've processed material that you've gathered for; and then you're going to want to plan out your route to either transit the goods there or make sure that you're situated in the area so that you can go out collect and build in that area as well. So there's a lot of planning that's going to be necessary. – Steven Sharif
- Within a crafting recipe, there are dials (based on artisan specialization) that are used customize crafted items, such as:
I think Star Wars Galaxies had a great crafting system... The resource gathering and the crafting system altogether as a whole really was I think way beyond its time. That's kind of the direction we want to go, where there's choices to be made in the crafting system and those choices change what you end up with... It's not just about doing X recipe to get Y item. You know, there's actually thought involved in it and there is you know a market to be captured based on those decisions. – Jeffrey Bard
- Animal husbandry.
- Crafting stations can be located on freeholds or within nodes.
- Player-owned Taverns on freehold plots.
- La progressione della proprietà sblocca nuovi bonus, abilità e capacità.
Vogliamo che ci sia progressione in molti sistemi e parte di quella delle proprietà è che, quando stabilisci le costruzioni base, più queste esistono e si dimostrano produttive, più opportunità avranno di salire di livello: offrendo nuovi bonus, nuove abilità, nuove capacità; anche perchè sopravvivere in questo mondo è un'impresa di per sè, quindi è ricompensata permettendo la progressione con queste cose. – Steven Sharif
- Missioni that might only be gathered from the player-owned taverns.
- Meals that grant buffs for a period of time after a player leaves.
- Recipes that could potentially be sold to cooking professions, that may only be obtained from a player-owned business in a certain area.
- About Ashes of Creation.
- Livestream, 24 May 2017 (32:07).
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (6:12).
- Livestream, 18 July 2017 (37:25).
- Video, 30 April 2017 (10:07).
- Livestream, 30 April 2020 (54:33).
- Interview, 27 March 2020 (9:00).
- Interview, 11 May 2018 (38:25).
- Livestream, 30 April 2020 (53:11).
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (8:22).
- Livestream, 8 May 2017 (20:41).
- Livestream, 18 July 2017 (38:30).
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (26:00).
- Interview, 11 May 2018 (24:18).
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (20:41).
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (5:25).
- Livestream, 4 June 2018 (35:11).
- Livestream, 1 June 2017 (24:30).
- Livestream, 12 May 2017 (1:00:18).
- Podcast, 23 April 2018 (29:56).
- Podcast, 11 May 2018 (48:29).
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (50:00).
- Podcast, 11 May 2018 (59:25).