Pay to win
Ashes of Creation will not be pay to win, that is our pledge to the community. One of the core principles we set forth with Ashes of Creation is a very strong desire to maintain the game's even playing field.
A lot of developers and companies have come along in the past- and I've been hit by this too- and they've said we're not going to have pay-to-win and then boom they roll out some pay-to-win. We have consistently said we won't be pay-to-win and in the pre-orders that we provide and even in the Kickstarter there were absolutely zero pay-to-win components whatsoever. So not only will we talk the talk but we will walk the walk as well. – Steven Sharif
Because we are a non-box purchase game, meaning there is no box price to play Ashes of Creation, it is only a subscription; and that's beneficial because it reduces the barrier of entry and we want a high population obviously; but at the same time one of the ways we augment the revenue flows to sustain constant updates and new chapter releases and additional content within the game is through a cosmetic-only marketplace; and that means absolutely no pay-to-win whatsoever; and that will be adhered to forever. – Steven Sharif
- There will not be level boosts or auto-leveling.
- There will not be a loot box system in Ceneri della creazione.
We will not use a loot box system for cosmetics either. We currently have a cosmetic store that offers limited time, limited quantity items to help sustain game development. These items are purely decorative and do not offer any in-game benefits.
- Multiple accounts and multi-boxing on separate computers is not currently considered pay-to-win.
My definition of pay-to-win is really anything that affects the in-game economy, the in-game action pool, your abilities and/or skills... In my opinion the inventory slots and the XP potions would be considered pay-to-win. – Steven Sharif
- Q: Will there be RNG boxes?
- A: I dislike RNG. Archeage made me loath rng monetization gimmicks. – Steven Sharif
- The monthly subscription fee is USD $14.99.
- Lifetime subscriptions were granted to crowdfunding backers at the Braver of worlds level or higher.
I think a sub cost provides both the barrier of entry to prevent, some not all, but mitigate some gold selling bots and whatnot because there's a cost associated with playing the game, but it's also not too high that it gets on the greedy side or prevents a lot of players from participating and trying the game; and then if the game is good then people will continue to subscribe and that subscription provides funding and revenue for the developers to continue a significant content creation and expansion rollout for the game. – Steven Sharif
- Subscriptions will begin at launch or, subject to change, a user may be able to choose to activate their subscription to start at a particular point in time.
There is no P2W in Apocalypse or the MMORPG!
Grazie alla struttura modulare di molti dei sistemi a cui stiamo lavorando, non risulta difficile implementare nuove cose... Pianifichiamo di avere un ciclo a base trimestrale e/o mensile per continuare a pubblicare nuovi contenuti. – Jeffrey Bard
Il ciclo trimestrale per i grandi contenuti è ottimo per noi ed in più, come hai detto, queste componenti modulari dei meccanismi nel gioco ci permettono di introdurre patch minori che possono essere viste in diretta nel mondo. – Steven Sharif
Non faremo tanti giri di parole sul futuro costo dei DLC. Visto il modello a sottoscrizione, questo fa parte dell'accordo tra noi come Studio e voi: Ci saranno aggiornamenti e capitoli regolarmente pianificati; e la vostra sottoscrizione è ciò che vi permette di accedere a quel contenuto. – Steven Sharif
Negozio di cosmetici
The Negozio di cosmetici enables players to purchase Cosmetici for use in Ceneri della creazione. The cosmetic store offers limited time, limited quantity items to help sustain game development.
- Equitable cosmetics, both from a quantity and quality standpoint, are achievable through in-game means.
- Nothing in the cosmetic store will be pay to win.
Nothing in our shop will ever be pay to win as we believe this practice greatly hurts the MMORPG genre.
- Cash shop cosmetics will offer a diverse selection of unique looks.
I want to incentivize purchase in the cosmetic shop for sustainability of what expansions we have intended, since we are not a box cost. I want to incentivize purchase by offering limited items: limited time, limited quantity, so you have confidence that when you purchase them, they won't be offered later on in some other way. – Steven Sharif
- All cosmetic store items will be non-tradeable. There will be no gifting mechanism for cosmetic items.
- Skins are cosmetic items that do not grant the user any benefit.
- Skins are only be able to be applied to things that have already been earned, crafted or found within Ceneri della creazione.
- Flavor text relates to the lore and background of creatures and items in the world of Verra.
- Costumes do not include any weapons pictured.
- Caravan skins change the appearance of an in-game mount and in-game caravan that are hooked up to each other.
- The best skins will be in-game achievable.
- Livestream, 2020-11-30 (56:02).
- Livestream, 2020-07-25 (1:53:46).
- Livestream, 2020-07-25 (48:28).
- Podcast, 2018-08-04 (1:57:56).
- Interview, 2021-06-13 (48:27).
- Pre-order packs
- Livestream, 2018-05-04 (53:34).
- Livestream, 2020-07-25 (1:21:03).
- Livestream, 2021-02-26 (1:08:47).
- Livestream, 2018-10-31 (38:47).
- Blog: Steam Announce And Play Test FAQ For Ashes of Creation Apocalypse
- Livestream, 2018-09-01 (1:05:10).
- Livestream, 2017-05-08 (11:14).
- Livestream, 2018-08-17 (9:33).
- Livestream, 2017-06-01 (19:12).
- Livestream, 2018-08-17 (32:31).
- Ashes of Creation cosmetic store.
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (PM) (58:29).
- Interview, 2018-05-11 (32:36).
- Ashes of Creation Store: Pay to win.
- Rime and Regal
- Livestream, 2018-12-06 (41:43).
- Livestream, 2020-11-30 (58:24).